Thursday, November 6, 2008

*****STARS*******

Spent last evening cutting stars for Christmas Cards! I'm excited to get started on Christmas things! Yes I know I'm a bit early for some of you, but I want to get it done so we have a relaxed December since right after that I have to start studying for the bar exam.
I'm using only scraps for these cards, which is a bit of a money saver. And, it helps to clean out my scrap container, which has gotten over full because I always forget to go to it when I need a little bit of something - consequently I am always making more and more scraps.
Struggling with a tiny bit of depression these days. Lacking motivation, lots of internal anxiety, just that kind of stuff, nothing suicidal or completely debilitating. Just situational, not chemical/clinical I believe. Think it might have to do with an overwhelming amount of stress with a couple of bad events thrown in for good measure. But, King David was depressed and he called out to God. I'm giving that a try. If it doesn't provide the full relief in a week or so, I'll be headed out to the doctor because God may be trying to get me there.
And making Christmas cards helps with the depression a bit - Christmas always infuses joy for me!
So, on that cheery note, I'm off to take J to school and try and motivate myself to get done some tasks that I need to get done.

9 comments:

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Can't wait to see your cards when they are completed!! Sometimes knowing you are not alone with depression and anxiety helps also - been faced with too many big life changes and decisions as of late, and feel like I am on the same page as you.

mommy2alex said...

Love that picture of the stack of stars, cannot wait to see your cards!
You've had a lot of unexpected things dropped on your plate, your feelings are quite normal (I think!). I have anxiety and depressions issues also and for me I'm dreading the upcoming winter (it will be our first full winter in MN instead of some nice southern state that we're used to!), so just wanted to let you know you're not alone - love that the internet allows us to have such wonderful friends, I need them more now than ever!
{HUGS}

Hanna Long said...

hang in there - its tough to be dealing with depression and stress. I think with all the news stories out its hard not to. Your stars look really cool - can't wait to see your finished cards.

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

So sorry to hear you are feeling depressed and anxious, just know you are not alone. Do prayer, reach out, and also when you find yourself thinking about depressing or anxiety provoking thoughts take the time to pause and start thinking of something relaxing or positive. Also a cue to pray and yes, dear lady, if you can't get a handle on it go see your doctor. Also part of this might be peri menopause. Hang in there and know we are here for you.
(((hugs))) and prayers,
Anne

Rita said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all of those stars! I need to get started thinking about Christmas so December can be as enjoyable as possible. I have been dealing with a lot of stress and depression as well, so I am right there with you.

vtpuggirl said...

Today, in my frustration with the computer, I had a moment where I just had to walk away. I felt like my nerves were fried or something, computer problems send me over the edge in a hurry. And I sat down with my head in hands, and had a nice anxiety moment where I just worried myself to death about everything. And then I prayed. I said God, I'm standing on branches here, with limbs breaking beneath my feet and branches snapping as I reach up. Help me keep reaching for hope, 'cuz I'm out here on faith, scared to death. Help me. And you know, I think he did, because I do feel better now. The problems are the same, but things don't seem so crushing. I know you are a Christian, that's why I tell you this. I don't normally discuss things like this "in public" but if it helps then it's worth it.

Kristii said...

Thinking of you today Susan Beth!
God is good and he will carry you through this one day at a time!
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Ps:121.
My prayers are with you today!! Have fun making your cards! The stars look fantastic! I can't wait to see what you will create!

Lisa Dorsey said...

So sorry to hear you are down. I will be saying a prayer for you too. I am sure God will answer.

So cool that you are using all those scraps for your cards. I am not near starting on Christmas cards yet.

Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Linda Beeson said...

It is perfect to be getting a start! Love all those stars.