Monday, October 27, 2008

Back From Retreat!

It was a long weekend of scrapbooking and enjoying friends. I'm ashamed to say I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but considering I taught two classes and ran out on Saturday to do an errand that could not be done any other time, I did okay - got seven projects completed and one significantly started. The teaching always takes more time than I expect, but I do enjoy it. This first page is a make and take from the retreat. I did it straight from the instructions - was a quick way to get something done. Photos are from a walk last winter.

Next I'll show a page I started a couple weeks ago, and had to put aside for awhile. Usually those get lost in the shuffle and by the time I find them again I'm not interested, but I'm proud to say I got this one done.

I'll show more pages over the next few days. I'm not just thilled and super excited about any of the pages I did this weekend, but I am excited about the fact that I scrapped some older photos that I've wanted to get to for a long time. It was a bit of a walk down memory lane to J's early years. That was fun. And, for the first time ever, I did some Christmas pages. I'm not usually very good at event pages, so it was good to get something accomplished from that perspective. This week I'm hoping to do some much needed organizing at home (filing to get ready for end of the year stuff, and hopefully moving our sleeping quarters to the nice warm basement). Then, if there is time left I'll be crafting. Need to get a few (like 120) Christmas cards made, but I've got my idea, and can do those with the family in the evenings. Have a handy little box of stuff that can easily be cleaned up each evening. My goal is to finish them by the end of the first week in November. Since I did a couple of Christmas pages at the retreat my mind is turned towards preparing for that holiday. I'm determined to get a quilt made for J - I started it three years ago. I'm also determined to be thrifty with our gift selection, so there will be a lot of hand made stuff. It's not like I don't have a craft room full of materials for unimplemented ideas. I'm excited to be motivate for this. We'll see how long the motivation lasts! Off for a day of errands, parent teach conferences and photo shopping photos from a shoot. Should be a good day! Hope you all have a great day too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun scrap weekend!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

I love your LO's and all of your photos are just gorgeous!! I envy you being in Montana - hope to get back there one day!!

Elizabeth Wickland said...

I can't wait to see what you've got going for Christmas gifts this year!!

Rita said...

Beautiful LOs! I finished a mini I started a while ago this weekend too. I'm usually really bad about going back to things in progress, so I can relate to that feeling. I need to get motivated about Christmas too...I can't believe how quickly it is coming!

vtpuggirl said...

I'd love to do a scrap weekend sometime, sound like fun but I don't think I'd get as much done as you did! Looking forward to your christmas projects, this will be the first year I've done any christmas pages.

mommy2alex said...

Love that snow page, it's amazingly beautiful!!

Kristii said...

It was so good to spend a little time with you over the weekend and take advantage of your awesome suggestions!! You rock girl!! I hope you get lots done and get to spend some time scrapping!! Your pages turned out awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you got something done...I never get anything done in group crops :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

I just love the flourishes on the first layout. So glad you had fun at your retreat. I always tell my DH it is not important how many pages I get done. Same for you-it is more important that you had a great time and relaxed.

Jennifer Davis said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, love the layout!