Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Goodbye for now. . . and other things.

Goodbye to the snow for now. By tomorrow's end it should be gone and crisp fall weather will have returned. Already much of the snow is gone in our yard. I like the snow, but I am happy for the opportunity to be without it just a little while longer.

Suddenly my boy says that Latin is his favorite subject in school. I can go with that. He's confident in it. I'm please with the fact that he's learning to use the proper endings to words, matching verb and adjective to the noun tense and gender. He doesn't realize that is what he's doing, but he does it all the same. He even commented yesterday that sometimes he even thinks in Latin. (Since they know very few words, most of which are geography oriented, I'm sure those are some very limited thoughts, but it is still very exciting for him.)

Yesterday was productive - I made three loaves of pumpkin bread, two loaves of table bread, a batch of apple sauce, and a huge pot of butternut squash soup. And I still had the kitchen clean before I went to bed. I also completed and folded and put away three loads of laundry. It felt good to get all that accomplished. But I forgot to pick up ibuprofen at the store. So, that goes pretty high priority on today's list.

Today I'm also hoping to begin kitting for a class I'll teach in ten days or so. There is also some prep work I'd like to do on a gift project for Christmas. But first, before either of those things, I need to clean the house. If I turn my attention to it, shouldn't take but half the morning or so. It's the turning my attention part that is so hard.

I'll leave you with one more photo from the editing I was doing yesterday while the breads were baking. This little girl is just so sweet!

Peek-a-boo!

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

WOW I live in Michigan where nothing surprises me weather-wise, and yet am completely amazed to see your snow pics in October! :-P Hope you're back to fall very soon! :)
And WOW to your blast of productivity - you go...and send some my way! :)

Jenn said...

...Funny that you mention banana bread...that's on my list of to do's as well. I also have to run a few errands today but I would much rather just stay home in my pj's! and...gee I need to get my kitting done too!Yikes....well hope the productivity lasts!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, That snow on Oct. is a trip! Hopefully it is all melted and you are back to your beautiful Fall scenery.

Kate said...

Snow? YIKES! since we get about once a year here in Middle Tennessee every thing shuts down for 1/2 inch it's a scream!

vtpuggirl said...

What a sweetheart! Snow already, wow! I'm cleaning the house too!

Rita said...

Those snow pics make me feel cold...brr! Your kitchen goods sound yummy!

Kristii said...

Fun pictures!! I am so happy your family enjoyed the snow! You should come and bake at my house too....I can smell the goodness already! I need to kit too! I am going on over to the store today!
Hope you have a great day!