Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome Monday?

I never know if Monday is a good thing or not. Today I'm needing a bit of motivation because there are so vary many things I should be doing. Like right now I should be making J's breakfast instead of fussing around on the computer. So, before I get on with the day, here are a few photos from the weekend. Football: our team lost, and there was a bit of an "issue" about coaching tactics, with some criticism of both coaches by parents. Glad I had to leave early and missed that. Resulted in lots of questions from J, but we tried to turn it into a teach opportunity and character development lesson. From the photos you can tell J is a good blocker, no matter which side of the ball he's on.
We went down to Big Sky to see grandma and grandpa, and got a little photo shoot in. Didn't really have many pictures of J with his grandparents, so filled in that photo gap - or at least got a start on it. And this is a quick little layout I did one evening with my Studio Calico August kit (I'm a little behind). Not my favorite, but certainly not one I'll be embarrassed about. For me, quick is unusual, and that aspect alone was cause for celebration. The pictures are from summer 2007, so it's good to have them scrapped and tucked away.
Happy Monday to all y'all out there! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Lorrie said...

love the grandparent pictures, and your lo is gorgeous!

Fuzzy said...

The football pictures are very cute! Their mouths all look swollen from mouth guards.

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

love that glitter!

mommy2alex said...

Great pictures with the grandparents! That layout is great, really love the framed flower and how you used that green paper!

Helsbells said...

I don't take enough grandparent pictures - thanks for the reminder - must do this more often :)

Rita said...

Love the grandparent photos...I really need to do this too! Your LO is beautiful, love the layering and stitching! Great football pics...he looks like he enjoys it!

vtpuggirl said...

I really like that layout, very cool use of the flowers and glitter embellishments. I love the quick ones, makes it all worth it. When they take longer than an evening (1-2 hours), I set them aside and usually never finish it.

Stacey Michaud said...

Great pics as usual! Love the glitter and colors on your projects!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great photos, I especially like the grandparent photo! Love what you did with the frame on that layout.