Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Can you believe it is almost November? Less than a week until the election - that's all I'll say about that for now. I was supposed to have so many things done by now. I'm supposed to start studying for the bar exam soon. This is scary! We went wood cutting with limited success yesterday. Had some chain saw problems, so only got half a load of wood instead of the full load we were hoping. Will have to go back this weekend. Even though we've had snow a couple of times, we're experiencing "Indian Summer" around here. The sun is brilliant in the sky, and the days are up in the low 60's. Still chilly at night, reminding us of what is to come.
Another day of cleaning and organizing for me. If I'm good at it, I'll get a chance to craft this evening. Oh wait, that is unlikely as I need to grocery shop today, so suddenly the day is looking very crowded, and I imagine this evening I'll be editing photos - fortunately once I get into doing that I do enjoy it.
Here is another layout from this weekend. This is J on his 4th birthday wearing an outfit that Grandpa Gary sent him and being very excited about it. Used a variety of stuff, including a couple of items from my SC kit.
By the way, I'm excited about the November SC kit. Reveal night was the other night, and I liked what I saw - for budget reasons only got one add-on. Now comes the waiting for it to arrive. That is always the hardest part. Have a great Wednesday!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What great pics! I really love the SC layout you did. It's fabulous. I know what you mean about waiting for the next kit. It's soooooo hard!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh - taking the BAR! That does sound scary! Good luck with the studying!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

I cannot imagine taking the BAR!! I hated to study and always waited til the last minute!! You're pics are gorgeous as usual!! Here's to hoping you can get throught all your to do's and get some creative time in!!

Kristii said...

I love that layout!!! Great pictures of J!!! Love your pictures too!! Wish I had your view!! Hope you have a great day!

Jennifer Davis said...

Beautiful layout...your talking about cutting wood took me back to when I was a little girl and would go wood chopping with my dad in the woods. Very fond memories...and lots of hard work! I remember helping to load the truck and then unloading once home and then stacking the woodpile. There is something very satisfying though with that kind of work and I miss it.

As always, thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

nice layout!

RagsNehali said...

great pics..

vtpuggirl said...

What a gorgeous layout! I'm excited about the new SC kit too, first time though I didn't get any add-ons. I know how busy Nov is, and I just didn't want to give myself one more thing to do. Hope you get through your to-do list. It's cold here, I miss the sun!

DebW said...

Great pics! Love that LO! TFS!

liz mataraza said...

wow...the BAR exam? how exciting! you're way awesome--smart and crafty!