Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall Colors and Happy Things

A couple of photos to share of how the fall colors are progressing in the back yard and beyond. We've been pretty warm, but that is supposed to change in the next 36 hours - and we have the wind to prove it!
Ten things to ponder and be happy about:
1. Tomorrow J has a day off of school. So he can sleep in and have a relaxed day.
2. I got the office billing done today - and it's only the second of the month.
3. At J's request I made a pumpkin pie. Actually kinda funny about that. Last Sunday on the way home from church he asked me about my mom (Grandma Carol to him) and how old she was when she died (53). I told him the next day (Monday) was the anniversary of her death. He piped up with "Oh, lets celebrate. Will you make a pumpkin pie." I know he really meant commemorate, but celebrate is the word he used. I just went with it. But, I didn't get the pie made until today - its just been super busy around here, although I feel like not much is getting done.
4. Bar Exam application is out the door. Just a few loose ends of collecting some letters and that is off my plate. Next up, studying so I can pass the darn test!
5. Teaching a class on Saturday for this book - made of cardboard pages:
That should be a super fun class - and it is full.
6. The dogs haven't gotten out for two whole days. Of course that is because we don't let them out in the yard together. It's one at a time boys, unless there is someone there to babysit them. Stupid dogs!
7. I did some office rearranging of furniture, and it is really going to help with efficiency as well as neatness. And Andy liked it too.
8. Next week does not have any special appointments or outings on the calendar - just the usual family stuff, and that is a super blessing.
9. October is the scrapbook retreat month - and that is always a great time.
10. God has provided in some amazing ways for us lately. Including that we have good attitudes as we face challenges we were hoping to avoid.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Gorgeous book Susan.
And your photos are always so amazing. Is this where you live? What amazing scenery - so peaceful and beautiful!

Claude said...

Wow, that book is gorgeous!

And how about those pictures?! Amazing! We have a tiny backyard and beyond that, another house... Sigh. TFS, I'm living vicariously through you!

Jennifer Davis said...

I love your book and want to see more pictures of it! Hope you'll share once the class is through...I agree, your photos are just beautiful and make me want to step right through them! Gorgeous area you seem to be in!

-Jen

Sweet Peripety said...

Gosh, you are busy, blessed, and so talented. I love those photos. I REALLY am going to invite myself over for a visit someday! LOL! That was my dream...*SIGH***...to go to Montana someday.

Love your book, too. It is inspiring. I get so inspired by you!!!!

Thanks for sharing the beauty of the day!

Denise said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful view you have. Love the photos. Thank you for sharing. I hope your class goes smoothly. I love that it is made with Cardboard. Very cool! Your list of ten things to ponder is wonderful. :o)

liz mataraza said...

oh gosh Susan! this is gorgeous! wish i could take your class!

love the fall photo too!

Lauren said...

Yum! Pumpkin Pie!
Beautiful photos..

Unknown said...

Your mini look wonderful! Love all the texture and warm colors! Gorgeous photos, and I'm glad your dogs are behaving themselves :)

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful book, no wonder the class is full. I love that top photo, so pretty and tranquil. Good luck with the Bar stuff. If it's anything like the medical board, I'm sure you've already put in tons of hours on the application.

Elisa said...

Beautiful book, love all the beautiful details.