Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On the way to school today

I took this photo.
And the one now being used as a header for the blog - seasons have to change there too!
Actually, we had to go around the long way to get to school because there was a school bus accident on the road we usually take. Looked like nobody was injured, but the bus was perpendicular to the road, with the back tires in one ditch and the front tires in the opposite ditch. It was right at a very sharp turn. Based on the timing, I would say the bus was probably full of junior and senior highers when the accident happened. It must have been very frightening for those involved. J said a prayer for them, and then we turned around and went the long way to school for him.
I came home that same long way and tried to enjoy the views while driving very carefully on the wet and slippery roads.
Before school I shot a few of our barn with the dramatic dark sky.

It is amazing the beauty that we are surrounded with here!

So, yesterday was productive. Time for a repeat.

My scrapbooking room is almost all cleaned - need to vacuum and find a place for a few things. Then, I'm hoping to tackle J's toy room and weed out the old, broken, outgrown toys while he is at school and can't argue about every little tiny piece of garbage.

I'm also hoping to finish some little details on kitting for my classes this weekend and to get some photo editing done.

I'm off for another productive and busy day. Hope all of you are enjoying your day!

9 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Beautiful photos Susan! No snow here (which I'm not complaining) so I'll just enjoy your awesome photography as always. So sweet that J said a prayer for the people involved in the accident. Sorry I grossed you out on my blog. lol

Jenn said...

Gosh, I love your photos! I can't wait for it to snow here!

Lauren said...

o. mi. goodness! i don't know where you live but it is breathtaking!

Rita said...

Beautiful snow photos!

Erin said...

those pictures even look cold! They are quite beautiful!

vtpuggirl said...

Such beautiful scenery you have there, absolutely love the blog header! Please be so careful on the slick roads, driving in the snowiness scares me.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been away for too long...29 posts since I've last stalked your blog...shame on me. I'm finally getting back into the swing of things and have made time to sit down at my computer. Wow, I truly love the photographs you take...so breathtaking. And your layouts have been gorgeous! I'll be back soon. I still have 16 more of your posts to read!!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love your photos. Love that J said that prayer. My girls do that too, everytime they hear a siren. Gotta love that sweet side of them. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, it looks so cold! The pictures are beautiful, but the cold! It is going to be 87 here tomorrow... I was lamenting the heat and wishing for fall. Maybe I won't anymore. I love cool...but cold??? It isn't even Halloween yet!

Hope everyone was safe from the bus accident. Nothing scarier than that!