Saturday, October 11, 2008

Burrrrrrr.....!

The football game was canceled. At the last minute. Like, we had the car warming, hats and gloves and coats all on, and were just opening the garage door when the phone rang.
I was relieved because the wind is brutal!
But, not being people to sit around on a beautiful day like this, we went outside anyway.
Okay, call us crazy. Get it over with, but we had a great time.
See:
Now, we are all chilled to the bone and spending the rest of the day bundled up in the house.
Well, except for my trip out to my friend Carin's to help her move baby chicks and their mother from her bathtub to the barn. Long story, but this is an event in the making, let me tell you. That momma is not going to be happy about us handling her babes, that's for sure.
Might even be worthy of another blog post today (ack! three in one day? I don't think so!). J is going to help me with that little task.
Then its soup and left over pizza for dinner.
Who could ask for a better day, huh?
Here's a layout I did last night at a little gathering of scrapbookers from my church.
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Helsbells said...

Your layout is stunning. So many beautiful details to look at.

Anonymous said...

love the photos of the snow. can't wait to see more when you have more on the ground! Your LO is very beautiful. love the color mix

vtpuggirl said...

Such beautiful texture on that layout, you used everything from the kit!! Sorry about the football, or not, looks like you had fun anyway. Love the bridge pic, bet that looks amazing in black and white.

Jenn said...

Love the LO...what paper is the floral? so cute! Looks like you guys got off easy with the whole snow thing...check out my blog and see what we got...so far...cause it's STILL snowing! and of course BLOWIN'

liz mataraza said...

wow! i read your thread at SC and came straight here! had to see the snow pics and they didn't disappoint! can't wait to see more...

the lo with the new SC kit is beautiful!

DebW said...

Beautiful LO, but the snow...not so much. It's still 74 degrees here in NY(Thank the lord!)

CD said...

oh Brrrrrr! I am SO not ready for snow yet. Looks like fun but our winters here are so long and extreme that I will take crisp and crunchy for as long as I can get it! I LOVE the layout Susan Beth!!! I can't believe that you whipped that up at a church crop WOW you are one talented gal, I can never get anything done at a crop. Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say how nice it was to see a note from you this morning :)
God Bless,
CD

Hanneke said...

Wow, what a beautiful LO! Love your photo's and the snow!