Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Archery interest

Humor me a bit! I tried to email some photos to someone, and it didn't work, so I'm posting them here, and the rest of you are along for the ride.

This is my son at Lake Tahoe over Memorial Weekend, with the new bow his uncle (man in the orange cap) gave him. The boy and the bow seem to bee a good match. He is happy, and confident that he is just the best eight-year-old bow shooter in the world - after one afternoon of playing around. Yeah, he's that way, but believe me, he doesn't pout when he finds out the truth, he just enjoys where he is and what he can do.


This is the bow that came home with my husband from same uncle - well, brother to my husband.

This is the only label I could find on the bow.
This is a pair of holes drilled in the handle part of the bow, that I have no idea what they are for, if it is okay to ignore them, if I'm supposed to hang something off of them, or if there is some missing part/equipment that needs to be mounted there. Complete mystery to me!
And here we have another mystery hole, although it is single and very different from the other two brass holes - this one, as you can see, is black. And, I note that it is larger. What goes there?
These are things we/I have to start a new hobby. Open to suggestions! Even if you aren't the person I told I would post these photos. But, please, if you have no idea what you are talking about, don't guess. I am just stupid enough to believe anything, and making a fool of myself is not my idea of a great new hobby - as some of you know, it is a hobby I'm already well accomplished at, and don't need anymore practice.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Jen Martakis said...

I have no archery skills, so I can't help you there. LOL

Great photos and I'm sure he IS the best eight-year-old-boy-bow-shooter in the world. ;)