Tuesday, June 3, 2008

He likes it! Hey Jansse!

He hates fruit! Only eats bananas, and that is something that he resents. Yesterday while grocery shopping I told him to select any fruit, but that he would have to eat them. He chose oranges. I was worried that they wouldn't be good because it is not exactly orange season, but I had said that it could be any fruit of his choice.

And, if he eats a piece of fruit a day for 30 days I would give him $20. That doesn't mean it always has to be oranges, just some fruit.

So, today I held him to his selection of oranges. And, he was heard to say "add this to my list of favorite foods." I'm excited, but cautious, because I suspect it will be like bananas - he'll eat them when forced to, but really won't ever make a choice to eat one on his own. But, right now I'll take whatever success we have. I need him to eat fruit! And more veggies too, but one step at a time.

Healthy living, here we come?

1 comment:

Fuzzy said...

You gotta show him how to make orange rind smiles now that he likes them.