Friday, June 13, 2008

So Many Photos!

Yesterday was a huge photo day for me - at least that is how if felt to me.

I took my camera on a walk/run with Andy and played with the manual telephoto lens. It is an old lens from my traditional camera, but it works on my digital slr as well - but I'm still working out some kinks. Sometimes it just won't work. I'm not sure why, but the shutter just won't open when I press the button sometimes. But, a little adjusting of the zoom and suddenly it will work again. Weird. Still using it I got the following photos:

I know, these are not my favorite plant either,but this is beautiful! God made it for a reason, so when it's in somebody else's yard, I'm just going to go with it!


This photo makes it appear we live in Scotland or something. All green and lush with sheep. Montana is supposed to be dry and full of cattle!


Meet our new neighbor! Not sure if it's a he or a she, but adorable is an adequate name for now!


Shot this while waiting for Jansse at camp. Just because.

And, I did use my regular lens when shooting Jansse on the zip line at camp because I am just not a fast manual focuser. It kept me from getting close-ups, but oh well. I wanted more photos, but this was the last photo before the battery went completely dead. Didn't have time to change that before he was done with the ride. Oh well, glad to have this shot!

He had a great time! You can see how wet it was.

Now, after rain and snow for the past ten days, three canceled baseball games, and lots of frustration, today it is sunny, and supposed to be in the 70's. Hopefully that is the forecast for the next few weeks. We need some spring and summer here in a big way. People are starting to get a little depressed from the lack of sun!

I keep hoping for an opportunity to get down in my craft room and scrap, but not yet. I have some big obligations for the fundraiser for my friend Jen over the next week, so chances are looking slimmer. However, I note that sometimes when I'm the most committed to something like that is when the unexpected opportunities come up. We'll see.

I'm also really hoping to get into the garden this weekend because frankly the weeds are dominating and the flowers, which should start to bloom in the next couple of weeks are lost. I want to be able to see the blooms, so I have to clear out the 24" high field grasses that have invaded. I'm way behind here!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I would love to get out with my camera. The sun is shining at this moment and I can feel it's warmth on my face through the window.....aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Anyhow, sorry I signed Me yesterday, had a reason, but Jenn is back. You weren't the only one that was confused.
Enjoy your day....I have to work, yuck!

Creative Junkie said...

You're right ... seeing that colt did make me smile! How cute is that?

Jen Martakis said...

Wow, your photos are GORGEOUS!!