Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Onward! Today will be productive!

Yep, I am determined to continue with the productivity! Yesterday not only did I get the billing one (see prior post), but I did four loads of laundry - including folding and putting away three, cooked the meals, menu planned for the week, went to town and bought the groceries for the week, and worked on the fundraiser for Jennifer. Oh yeah! And I did step aerobics for exercise. That was a nice full day. The only thing that didn't happen was the hike/family field trip. That was a bust because at the time we would need to leave it was raining cats and dogs - and donkeys and cows too!

Today I am hoping to keep the activities here at home, and not go into town until time for Jansse's baseball game. So, I have one more load of laundry to do. I want to clean my office space. I need to put a few things away in the craft room. And, best of all, I am hoping to get out in the garden and do some weeding and plant the flowers Jansse grew from seed. That should keep me pretty busy, especially when you add in the regular things like cooking and cleaning the kitchen, and trying to entertain an eight year old who is adjusting the the freedom of summer and misses his friends from school.

Here is another layout I did on my marathon crafting weekend when Andy and Jansse were gone.

Isn't she cute, even when she pouts!

I love using the Prima flowers, and then over spraying them with just a touch of radiant rain so the have a little shimmer.
And this lace has a funny story behind it.
I love this lace, and bought a fair amount of it to have on hand. Then, last year when on Daniel's wedding day he needed a piece of lace to wrap around Stacy's flowers. I said to just go look in the craft room. I never imagined that he'd want this because it is sort of stiff. But, sure enough, next thing I know he has it all tied around her flowers and is pleased as can be to have it. So, I bit my tongue - it was their wedding, after all - and told him how nice it looked. Then, the next week I ran to the store and was so pleased to find that they still had some. Whew! I use it frequently, although I am starting to get a little low on the supply, so it is time to find a new favorite!

Onward with a day at home that hopefully will be productive but relaxed. Is that possible?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for posting on my blog! I'd be happy to talk archery with you!

My email is angela at spanglerphoto dot com

Fuzzy said...

I'm glad you got your things done yesterday. Crawling in to bed at the end of the day feels so good when you know you accomplished alot. Sounds like the summer is off to a good start!