Monday, June 30, 2008

Scrapbooking!

I got a chance to do some scrapbooking while working this past weekend. It was slow at the store and I had everything else done, so I turned to some creativity! This first one is my favorite page of the weekend.

Loved using the Christine Adolph papers and some alcohol inks on an acrylic strip. Threw in the jeans pocket just for good measure. The journaling reads: Jansse loved the ocean! Here he is at Moss Landing CA and the smile on his face says it all! We were there fro breakfast the morning before Grandpa Gary married Nell.


This one was for the Prima July Build-A-Page challenge. Used their sketch. Have had these photos of Andy working on the truck for years and wanted to do something rugged with them. I tried not to get too flowery, so I distressed the flowers with Radiant Rains, used some circles that I cut with a cog like scissors, and used dark colors. That helped to keep it pretty masculine. Also used the black crystal "Say it with Crystal swirls." The journaling reads: Andy didn't grow up working on cars. But here he is replacing the brakes on our truck. A hard job done well! Way out of his comfort zone.

I've got two other layouts on the table, one that is just missing an "N" in the title (it fell off bringing it home) and another with papers from Little Yellow Bicycle and photos from Lake Tahoe over Memorial weekend. I'll try to get those ready to post in the next day or two.

9 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

omg - your layouts are both beautiful, but that first one has my jaw on the floor. LOVE what you did there.

Sweet Peripety said...

Those are just sooo beautiful! I have never used alcohol inks before....maybe i'll try that soon.

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful layouts! Love the sea one esp!

Beate said...

Your layouts are fantastic, I love your style. :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love what you created with Christine Adolphs Tidepools line!
We would be thrilled if you would upload it onto the Creative Imaginations gallery.
www.cigift.com
:)

Elisa said...

Gorgeous flowers, what a fab idea! Great LOs.

Anonymous said...

fabulous pages!

Tara said...

Just beautiful. I have a jean pocket in my craft cupboard that has just been waiting for the perfect project. Love what you did here.

Kristii said...

I totally love the pocket Susan Beth!! Fantastic layouts!!