Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy Day!

When I signed up for 8:15 a.m. swim lessons it was still the school year, and being to the pool ten minutes from home seemed possible since we left for school at 8 a.m. every morning without any trouble. Well, here we are in the summer, and it is a challenge to get the boy up and at'em so early. But we did it today! And he even was able to enjoy his 45 minutes of one on one time with Fran, the strict but wonderful swim teacher!

Then he spent most of the rest of the day with a friend because Andy had court, and I was working for a friend at the scrapbook store so she could have her wedding anniversary off. It was not very busy as far as the number of customers, but I was busy putting product away and then re-doing displays. Lots of moving whole lines of product to new places, to make room for more. It is like a jigsaw puzzle at times. Just my kind of challenge. I think I made some reasonably good changes, and there were a few displays that just plain needed to be straightened up.

Then, it was run off to the second-to-the-last baseball game of the season. The team really seemed to start to get it together with some of their fielding today. Several boys caught balls that I know they would not have caught a couple of weeks ago, and some of the throws were catchable! Our boy was at shortstop when he made this diving catch - see him off to the left of the picture on the ground:
Then he jumped up and threw the ball to make the double play. Wow! That was amazing!
A long day! Not exactly the schedule I set for my Tuesdays and this is July, so I'm supposed to be sticking to that schedule. Tomorrow it will start. Up early to exercise, then some time to check out blogs on the Internet, then clean house and do some work for the office. A trip into town late morning to do the grocery shopping (usually a Monday thing, but I put it off this week) followed by some time in the garden, making dinner, and then, if all is well, a couple hours of scrapbooking. Busy, but productive and good. It's a little less hectic without the grocery shopping, but fortunately that only comes around once a week!

Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

I feel the same way about the food store, very hectic. Hope you have a great day, love the pool pic!

Kristii said...

Whooo hoo! Congrats to Jansse on the double play!! I know what you mean by hectic, but productive. Hang in there girl!!