Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello


See these cute little guys? They are at my friend Carin's house. I saw them yesterday as she was teaching me how to feed her animals because she is going on a trip. She has a lot of animals! (2 cats, 2 dogs, a couple dozen chickens, two horses, and a huge goat named Woodie.) Woodie scares me because yesterday he kept trying to butt me with his big horns. I think he was trying to protect Carin because if I stayed 25 feet or so away from her he didn't try to butt me. Never heard of a protective goat before, but considering she lives alone, this is probably a good thing.
Anyway, the baby birds are at her house.
Today is BIG HIKE day for Andy and I. We leave in the early afternoon and will be on the trail at least five hours. Not a hike J could do yet, so it is nice to have the opportunity to do it. I'm excited. Already put the memory card in the camera, so should have some good photos this time. May be some thunder storms this evening, so have to go prepared! I love big hikes like this!
Still missing my little boy. Seem to miss him most as I'm going to bed. Usually I would go in his room and arrange his covers around him and pray for him, but he's not there, and that is hard. Otherwise, doing okay with him gone. And, he'll be back in three days. Praying he is having a great time and learning a lot!

6 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Have fun on your hike!! I can't wait to see photos.

Aww, camp. Yep, I know how you feel. My 7 year old leaves for 3 days on the 1st of August. *sigh*

Lorrie said...

the hike sounds like fun! Hope you don't get caught in a storm!
Oh, and the goat story is funny. Goats scare me too, I don't like their weird eyes.....

Kristii said...

Hope you have a wonderful time with your hubby!! How fun!!!
Can't wait to see pictures!!!

vtpuggirl said...

Looking forward to some photos, sounds like so much fun to go on a big hike!

Val said...

have a fun time!

Stephanie said...

Love, love the goats! He just wanted to play SB! They don't really bite and they don't kick, so whats a little head butting between friends?;) I can't believe you hike that far, I'd be dying for sure, and if I'm not dead at my destination, there darn well better be food and not just a "hike back." Have a great few days to yourselves. It gets easier.