Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mid-summer whatevers!

This week Mr. J has been sleeping in - until 10:30 or so each morning. It's probably his parents' fault because they don't get him to bed before dark, so he is up late every night. But, my goodness is he cute in the morning with those sleepy eyes. There is just something soft and cuddly about his look when he first comes padding down the stairs to seek out breakfast.

I'm glad he can sleep in during the summers!

We got a couple of storms coming through yesterday, and I was hoping to catch a bit of the wind on camera, but no-go. Still, here is an updated photo of part of the yard. You can see the barley is being watered on the neighbor's land. And I do have some blooms in the flower garden.

I need to get out into that flower garden and weed. Always an issue. And, we need to buy a new weed trimmer so make the grass at the fence look okay. (I think I mentioned before that the weed trimmer we had died a few weeks ago!)

I've been crafting, but working on things for the Garage Band Art Girlz circle journals, so nothing to post at this time. I'm hoping to finish that today and get to a couple more pages from my Studio Calico kit. And, I think I'd like to do some challenges this weekend. Know of any good ones?

On Sunday J goes to camp for five nights! Very exciting! But I'm going to miss him something terrible! Have to remember to pack for him! Better get all the laundry done today because I work on Friday and Saturday! Also need to check on supplies like sun screen and bug repellant to make sure he has what he needs. Suddenly feeling very busy!

2 comments:

liz mataraza said...

we have finally turned the corner into summer-sleep-in-'til-11am days. it's rotten. especially when mom and baby do it. ick.

vtpuggirl said...

Is he the one that wouldn't sleep for 5 years? I'm kidding, sorry I misquoted you and said you had children instead of child. Your garden looks amazing, weeded or not.