Saturday, July 5, 2008

Random Fourth Stuff

Hope you all had a great fourth! We certainly did. But after such a late night, we're off to a slow start today! The guys are still sleeping!

Our boy in his flag shirt! He was very proud to have a flag shirt for the fourth. Okay, the battle over eating fruit continues. Five cherries, that's all I asked. He balked and whined and complained. Did you know that cherries are the ten million doubled worst fruit in the world?
Yep, that's what he said. But, after eating them he said that maybe every time he eats them he gets a little like for them, and in three more tries he might actually like them. If it takes twenty minutes of complaining first every time I'll be frustrated, but I am determined. If it is a battle of wills, I win! He will eat fruit every day, an not just bananas. So there!

Got out the new scanner and scanned a couple of test photos. Here I am, I think about 2 1/2 years old, at my grandma's in what passed very well as a swimming pool for me, thank you!

I'm excited to have a scanner so I can make these kind of photos available for scrapbooking.

Speaking of scrapbooking, I got to do some yesterday. Here is one of the two layouts I finished. This one is for a class at Keepsakes by Design. I saw a digital page very similar, and did my best to replicate the digital elements with traditional stuff. Pretty pleased. It's a bit more girly than I usually do. The photo is me with my friend Sandy at her wedding.

Here is an up close look at some of the elements.
We did go see a wonderful fireworks show at our friends house - thanks Thompsons! It was fun to see so many wonderful people and to meet some new ones. The kids played and played on an inflatable water slide and a trampoline, so Jansse was pretty sure it was the coolest thing ever - and there were even boys there to play with this year!
Again, hope you had a fabulous celebrations of Independence Day.


6 comments:

doris sander said...

love the pic of you as a child. we used to play in galvanized tubs. so fun.

go you! cherries or bust!

lovely layout. :D

Dawn said...

Lovely LO and pics! I need to get a scanner!

PS-Cherries are yummy!!

Mary said...

Hello again. Thanks for coming over to my blog. You asked when we were at Yellowstone. Last summer. We arrived June 5th and left on the 12th. It has taken me a while to get around to scrapping the pics because I was working on my DD's scrap albums trying to catch up. (I'm on August of last year on those. Gasp!) Anyway, I'll be checking back in soon.

Mary

MandeeM said...

It's amazing... I have to keep the fruit away from Matteo or he'll eat it till he's sick! BOYS!?!
Thanks for checking out my blog... Sorry to make you homesick, there really is no other place like "The Lake"... it is absolutly amazing... Summer or Winter.

Alex Hardy said...

i feel your pain. my boys aren't normally so picky, but they only tried cherries ONCE. and didn't like them. :(
it's their loss, i say!

have you gone the smoothie route?
then you can "hide" the fruit!

i too, love that photo of you as a toddler!
Yay for scanners!

Staci Taylor said...

Beautiful LO!! That is such a cute photo of you as a child - it's soo neat to look back on those older photos to see how times have changed!