Saturday, July 26, 2008

Did two challenges

in one layout. Really wanted to do both of these challenges. The first challenge was to use a bow on your layout and is sponsored over at Studio Calico. Well, using bows not something I do often with only a son and a husband to scrap about on a regular basis, but I thought I should make the effort. The second challenge was to scrap about something that comforts you over at The Design Experiment. And that was easy.




The photo is from our hike last Tuesday. The journaling reads: He doesn't announce it, he just quietly starts to pray. We took cover from the rain under some brush. As we waited Andy started to pray out loud for Jansse. So romantic to have such a wonderful spiritual leader for my husband.


We are going to have a fun day if our tired camper ever wakes up. He gets to play with his cousin D today, and they always have fun together. Doing a bit of a BBQ with Daniel and Stacy, which should be fun as it's been weeks since we got together with them.
Gotta get going with the day because I've got some errands to do in town before our company comes. Have a great Saturday!

11 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

i *love love love* your "Say a Little Prayer" page.
happy your little guy is back home safe & sound.
[and full of happy memories, i bet!] :)

Nicole said...

your layout (AND BOW!!)is beautiful Susan!!

=)

Anonymous said...

What a neat job you did on this! LOVE your little journaling piece.

vtpuggirl said...

Just a beautiful page! I love it and it is comforting and the bow is perfect. Now, that was my reason for not doing the bow challenge, 'cuz I have dh and a boy. Guess I have no excuse now!

Suz said...

Beautifu page

Jennifer Davis said...

This is so special! This is my first time visiting your blog and I must say that I love the barn that you have in the header...stunning photo! =)

Tara said...

Just gorgeous! The layout ... the bow ... the photo! Love it all!

Sweet Peripety said...

I think your page is just phenomenal. Truly beautiful. That gives me the idea to createthat page so I can keep more "spiritual" memories like that. So very very lovely. Love the bow!

mborrero said...

thanks for sharing the details.

living creating & appreciating
my blog

denine zielinski said...

I don't often use bows for the same reason, but it looks wonderful. Great layout!

Stacey Michaud said...

Lovely, lovely layout! I adore that bow!