Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Fun

This being Friday, and my hope for a little fun today, I named this post "Friday Fun." I hope I can live up to that name!

Yesterday Andy went fishing in Yellowstone NP with his Dad and nephew. It is a tradition for Andy and his dad to go in June, but this year the waters were too high in June, and schedules just did not allow until mid-July here. It is a special tradition, especially in light of his dad's age and Parkinson's disease, which makes us wonder every year if it will be the last. Here is Grandpa, fishing the Firehole:
This is the first year the nephew John was included. He took up fly fishing a couple of years ago, but because he doesn't live near by, joining for these little trips has never happened before. He just graduated from High School and will be going to college at Montana State, here very near us, so I expect he will get to join in on more fishing fun over the next few years. Love that!
With family from afar visiting, we have been down to Big Sky a few times this week. Last night I snagged one of Grandma's scrapbooks from long ago to scan some photos. Like this one of Andy's grandparents (Jansse's great grandparents!):
Wow, do I feel like I have a treasure trove. I will make a disc for all of Andy's siblings of the Breuner family photos and news paper articles. And I am so excited for Jansse to have that kind of thing forever! And, I make work up the courage to do some scrapbooking with these photos, although I hardly feel worthy of that. I do want their stories to be passed down to Jansse because they are so cool!
And I leave you with this so-so photo of a layout I did a couple weeks ago about Jansse's adventures with boats at Lake Tahoe last May.

The journaling reads: "Memorial Day at Lake Tahoe is a Breuner family tradition. One we miss!" Living in Montana, we haven't made it back for this tradition in five years, but this year Andy and Jansse went. A very special time.

5 comments:

Kristii said...

Love the photo you found!! Sounds like you have been busy girl!! Our package is out for delivery today!!! Let me know how I can get it to you!!!

diana albright said...

love that photo of the great-grands. and ooo, Tahoe... i am blessed having lived so close for so many years, but can you believe one night DH and i were "looking for a spot" near water and even tho Tahoe was only 20 miles away, we didn't think of it? sad how much we took it for granted.

Lauren said...

Love the Tahoe layout. The colors are so pretty and your vintage photo is so AWESOME!! I love this and think it is so important.
I need a scanner..

Stephanie said...

Love the family fishing photos and the one of your DH's parents is wonderful! Praying for your wonderful friend to start feeling better great gal. YDS is at Upward bound's (not to be confused with Outward bound);) summer program. It's at MT Tech this year. Program for rural college bound kids and this year the theme is sustainable energy. They take college classes from 8-4 M-T and then camp/play/field trips for the long weekends. Hope to see you in Boze soon!

Larajc said...

Gorgeous pictures. Nice layout!