Monday, July 14, 2008

Sleep Deprived

No, it is not the boy who is sleep deprived, it is his parents. By the way, that is my bed, those are my quilts he sleeping under, and really, that is my spot he is in. He has not made it through the night in his own bed for the last few nights, and I'm getting a little concerned.

First, and foremost, how is he going to make it at camp next week if he has reverted back to needing to "cuddle" with us in the middle of the night?

Second, how are his parents going to survive if they can't ever sleep because there he is hogging all the bed? Last night Andy went and slept in his bed and I clung to the edge of our bed praying for morning light to come a.s.a.p.

Third, Andy already has major sleep issues because his hip hurts so bad. That means all by himself he has sleep deprivation. Add in a fussy eight year old, and the picture looks pretty grim.

If you are the praying type, this is an area we'd love some help!

I did get a brief shot at scrapbooking this weekend, and here is the result.

I'm having a very difficult time getting the color right in the photo. So, I like the layout much better in person than in this photo. I think I need to get an updated PSE and take a class!

We're off on a big hike for dinner this evening - up to Lava Lake, which is really all up to get there and then all down to return. Should be fun - and buggy, so I'd better go to the store and get some spray!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sleep deprivation is something i can totally relate to. our 7 year old comes to sleep with us at some point EVERY night.

I L-O-V-E LOVE that picture of andy's grandparents. it's fabulous! what a great find!

love keeping up with you on your blog. for some reason i haven't been able to post to mine for an entire week. i keep getting error messages. geesh.

have a great day!

Lorrie said...

good luck with the whole sleep thing. DH and I agree to let our almost 8 yr old have an occasional "sleepover" with us, maybe once a month, but otherwise --- NO NO NO NO NO! We can't sleep with her in the bed, even though we have a king sized bed. She's a HOG! lol.
We compromised with the occasional special treat. It's worked for us!
Good luck!
Oh, and the lO is great!

Kristii said...

Your layout is awesome!! Love it Susan Beth! It sounds like camp is coming at a perfect time!! He will have no choice and I am sure he will be just fine. I hope you had a great uphill climb to Lava Lake. I have yet to conquer that trail!! Have a great day!!

Helsbells said...

I love this layout - saw it on SC too. All those embellishments work so well.

Jenn said...

I hope you get some sleep soon! Your LO is fantastic.

Fuzzy said...

Such a sweet picture of him sleeping. Sorry you're deprived.

Denise said...

My goodness today is the day for many to be sleep deprived, including me and half my neighbors. I hope everything turns around and you get a full nights sleep tonight, tomorrow, etc.

ricanlaw said...

That is a beautiful layout. MY kids still come to my bed and although I miss out on many hours of much needed rest, there will come a time where they won't want to be near me too much, so I'm savoring the moment baby, savoring the moment. ;)