Thursday, July 17, 2008

Messy Scrapbooking room!

Okay, this is embarrassing, but I've brought it on myself.

Over at Studio Calico they are having a challenge about messy scrapbooking rooms. Well, I'm queen of that. But I can't figure out how to post my pics on that thread, so I'm going to dump them here and refer people to this. So, daddy, friends who don't scrap, neat people, please forgive me! The rest of my house does not look like this (except my office desk). It seems that for me to get stuff done and be creative or intelligent I must be surrounded by mess.

Let's start with a general overview:


There is a fireplace in my space, which is nice in the winter, but during the summer I use the hearth for storage.


The work surface is very cluttered as these next two photos show.


Even most of my shelves are disheveled!
Behind where I sit is a little dresser thing with drawers full of ribbon and flowers, but this is the surface:

And the floor beside my chair:

You get the idea and you know, I am a messy scrapper. But, I can find stuff - usually instantly. It was this way when I was a lawyer at a high powered extra large law firm in the Bay Area - my office was a wreck, but I could always put my hands on the document I needed when I needed - it might be a bit wrinkled, but I knew how to find it. My brain just works better this way.
I have tried to be neat, and the result is no productivity. The trade off is just not worth it.

10 comments:

Sweet Peripety said...

I hate to tell you, but I think you need to clean. Maybe. A little bit.

;-) JK, TOTALLY can relate. I am awful at ridding up. I scrap, and am like the energizer bunny except that I don't energize cleaning up, I just energize ignoring my mess.

All That Chit Chat said...

Well, you definitely have a stash there! So you won't be shopping for a long time, right? Not!!

Greta Adams said...

i have tried to be neat to and i cannot scrap...the mojo instantly leaves when i clean....

right now my table is the cleanest i think it has ever been

Rita said...

I can relate! But think on the bright side, you have a lot of fun stuff to play with!

Staci Taylor said...

Well, I think you'd feel right at home in my scrap room (although yours is a lot bigger then mine!!)! My DH is always mortified at what mine looks like, lol!

Kristii said...

Man, I should have brought you down to my scrap room girl. I was so worried you would think I was a slob!!! We are kindred spirits girl!!

Tara said...

Oooooo ... that's a messy room! I'm totally the opposite. I have to straighten up after each session or I can't think straight. My husband said he wished that the bookwork and files in the office were as well organized as my scrap stuff. I should be embarrassed but I have embraced my foibles at this point in life.
But whatever works for ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! My space is always a total wreck, and when I clean it up I get a scrapping block! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love it! I wish I had the space to be that messy. My little space is messy though and you are right-more creativity that way.

And I believe I saw an Inspired book in there. Yea!!

wolfe

liz mataraza said...

whoa...that is nuts.