Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Photo review of the day.

I woke up early to this:


Pretty much knew it was going to be a haul my camera around with me type of day. Glad it was.

The apple trees are loaded with these little puppies. Come mid to late September I'll be busy making sauce with them - not the right texture to just eat, but good flavor for cooking!
The end of the lilacs. It seems they found out it was July, realized that June is Lilac season and just turned brown in less than 48 hours! Can't wait for them to come back next year!
Proof that my son really is entertained by boxes - even at the age of eight!


I think these might be noxious weeds. I've heard them called Mexican Sunflowers, but I'm not sure if that was a racist joke or a real name for them. Anyway, although I don't like them in my yard, they do make spectacular balls of fluff to photograph. Got this one on my walk this evening.
The wild roses are starting to bloom - just as the lilacs go out! Beautiful pinks! These roses seem to grow on everybody else's property, but not on mine. Not sure why, but trying to solve that mystery and invite some of them to live in my yard. But, once they bloom, that is it for the year - a short but beautiful display of little flowers.


Another rose seen on my walk, in a drainage ditch, of all places. I see beautiful yellow roses around this county all the time, but I've tried two of them so far and so far killed them both. Not sure what the deal is. Perhaps the third time will be the charm, but I'm afraid to do that and waste my money yet again. Still thinking about that one, although I do love this rose - and the bush gets huge and has flowers for a long time!
Did you know grass blooms? I realized it, but didn't realize just how many different forms of blooms various grasses have. Amazing!


Here's my boy wearing his new biking helmet - Bo ate the other one. Shame on Bo! At 10 months old he is so huge I forget he is still just a puppy. But the new blue helmet matches my little guy's eyes so well I almost don't mind the ten bucks I had to spend - well, almost.

And these are something I walk by every time we do a run/walk/ride as a family. I don't know why the rancher has them displayed like this. I wish I could take better pictures, but I was trespassing to get this photo as it is. Just a curiosity I guess.



Got a lot done today! Exercised (twice!), menu planned, finished the law office billing, grocery shopped, ran a couple of errands, cleaned bathrooms, mopped the kitchen floor, swept other floors, found an old dessert recipe from my childhood church potlucks that I want to make for the fourth, perused various blogs, made sea scallops for dinner, and made this layout.

So, a productive day. Now, time for bed before it's tomorrow already!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Man, those pics are beautiful! And I can't believe how much you got done in a day!

Anonymous said...

wow! that first shot is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Love you pictures and your layout. Saw it on the SC boards and was the first to comment on it!!!!

Jen Martakis said...

Wow! Your photos are just beautiful. Makes me wish I could take a morning walk with you. :)

doris sander said...

love the photos. esp the first one. the yellow lighting is just gorgeous. :D

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful layout, you must live in paradise!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

What beautiful photos! You live in such a great area!

Jenn said...

Maybe next year you can make it over the hill for the festivities! As for the roses...they like horse manure. (good stale manure! and in the beginning, when you first plant them lots of water!!) I have roses like crazy!!! I have the pink ones...but I want some of those yellow ones too!!I'll try and post some photos of this years so far....they are just budding!! oh yeah...seeing lots of great comments on the blog...a new message board??

Mary said...

Hello. I came across your blog while searching for Yellowstone scrapbook pages. It's great to see another Christian scrapper! Love your photos and layouts. Great work.

Mary