Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Early Morning Romp

Woke up early this morning to a sky full of beautiful colors and clouds. Jumped out of bed (well, maybe that's a bit of exaggeration implying speed that wasn't there), pulled on some sweats, grabbed the camera and went out for a relaxing romp around our property. Just what I needed creatively. I didn't take and good photos yesterday, and the day pretty much ended with a funk - probably had more to do with the expensive trip to the dentist than the lack of photo taking. Anyway, I just thought this little photo excursion around the yard would do me good, and it did.

Oh, and one little disclaimer. We don't own all those fields! Just our five and a half little acres, but the surrounding properties are so pretty and so photogenic! But every photo was taken from our property. I love living here!

Have a great day!

12 comments:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a great way to start out the morning!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning photos.
I too went to the dentist yesterday only a check up but sore mouth for several hours after!!

My minibooks are mainly in slideshows over on my gallery blog
http://pixiegallery.blogspot.com/
I did used to have it showing as my second blog in my profile, but so many people only ever went to the gallery & I rarely post on there!

ricanlaw said...

The photos are stunning. I see you making a mini.

Jenn said...

Wow! What beautiful pics! Love all the old houses and barns!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures!!! I love living here too, I wish we had the scenery you do!! Thanks for sharing such amazing beauty with us!!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! I love to get pics of barns and buildings and clouds!

vtpuggirl said...

Just gorgeous! Reminds me so much of where my parents live!

Rita said...

Gorgeous photos! We are lucky enough to live in a similar setting. I need to remember to take photos of our surroundings and not just the kids!

Anonymous said...

Susan Beth.....Those are some beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them.

Ally said...

You weren't kidding about that light! Wish I could bottle it up and take it home!

liz mataraza said...

golly, Susan! i could sit and look at those forever! i wish i could click on them to enlarge...i'd steal one and use it for my desktop wallpaper!

Tara said...

Looks like it was the perfect day for your photos. I love the way the sun is coming through all those fluffy clouds.
The pictures will be great to look at on rainy, dreary days!