Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Baseball Report

This is specially for Grandpa Gary, who would love to be at one of these games, we just know it!

Please note: all photos were taken with lens pushed up against chain link fence, so there are these gray fuzzies sometimes. Ignore them, pay attention to the boy! I'm saving for a bigger lens so that I won't have to position myself behind the fence to get good close-up shots.

Batter up! He was up three times (I've got a photo of each time) and he got a hit three times - but he is disappointed because one of them was a pop-fly that got caught. But it was a powerful pop fly, so he thinks it shouldn't have been caught. He'll learn. He really is a powerful hitter. Usually hits on the first or second pitch. Many of the other boys are at 10 or 11 pitches (oh yeah! No strike outs in this coach pitch league.)

A little blurry, but that white fuzz on the right side of the photo is the ball after it was hit. Notice the concentration in his face!
Running the bases is good!
His run is so cute to me! It shows all his enthusiasm and all his little boy-ness. Love it!
This is the pop fly just as it leaves the bat.
Oh, I love my boy!

Gotta love that pitcher! He's my man!

And just how many boys does it take to field a grounder to right center field? Hum.

And that folks is the Baseball report for the June 3rd game.

4 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Oh I love baseball games! Wonderful photos! I have some sun but can't send any because we're expecting rain anytime. :(

Fuzzy said...

It looks like it was a great game!

Kristii said...

Loved the baseball report! I miss those days!! Great pics of Jansse!

DebW said...

OMG I remember those days!!
TFS!!