Thursday, June 26, 2008

Goals! Need help getting there!

I've got some goals. Yep indeed. But I'm not getting them accomplished as quickly as I would like. So, time to do a little something about that.

First goal: Lose more weight faster. I've been losing about 3 pounds a month, and while that is better than not losing, it is discouraging to be making so little progress over what feels like such a long time. So, I need to exercise more consistently and be better about planning meals.

Second goal: I want to scrapbook more! Like at least five days a week for an hour or two. That's 5 to 10 hours a week, and seems reasonable.

Third goal: I want - no need - to keep my house cleaner and in better order. Just a fact. I need to do that! It will make all of us living here so much happier.

Forth goal: I need to get my garden in order. I was inspired by a garden I walked by yesterday that reminded me of Oakhurst and my aunt's property there. I want that look. It will take years to achieve, but it won't get done if I don't get out and do some work.

So, to get all these goals accomplished I need a schedule. Yep, a schedule. It all works out great on paper. I wrote it all out while waiting for my car to be serviced. I need to stick to that schedule and say no to things that don't fit the schedule. At first I need to be rigid about it. The schedule has lots of free time, but I can only make that happen if I do the exercise, house work and office work at the appropriate times.

That is my challenge for July. I hope I can do it! If I do, I'll have scrapbook pages to share. I'll have weight loss in greater amounts. I'll feel less overwhelmed by the mess. My home and garden will be more relaxed and enjoyable. Wow! Sounds like it is really worth giving this a try!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great goals - and writing them down has always helped me. good luck!

Jenn said...

WOW! We are headed in the same direction! I've been riding my NEW bike everyday! in hopes to lose a few...and I am feverishly DEEP cleaning my ENTIRE house...room by room. Oh...and what i would do to scrap right now!!!

doris sander said...

yay for goals! go go GO! :D

Jen Martakis said...

What wonderful goals! I hope that July is very successful in all of those areas!

Michelle said...

Praying that you meet your July goals. They sound good to me!

Stacey Michaud said...

Good luck achieving your goals--I feel your pain and wish I could do all of those things to!