Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Before and After

The topic this week over at the 2 Peas in a Bucket General Photography boards Photo Of The Day thread is Before and After using post processing. So, here are two photos, first Straight out of the Camera and then after I fussed with it: For this one I added some brightness and a render filter. That's it. Now, the next one:
I also gave a render filter, but first I changed it to hard light (a suggestion I read about a while ago on the Pioneer Woman blog), and a bit of dodging. In case you are wondering, this is a leaf left over from last fall that is being revealed as the layer of ice over our creek melts.
Very photo focused today. Back with more other stuff tomorrow or Thursday.

12 comments:

Steph said...

These pictures are so great. Really love the edit on your first picture. AWESOME shot.

Shanna Jones said...

ditto!

Lauren said...

I always love seeing SOOC and after shots... great job!

Denise said...

Love the "fussing" you did. Those are beautiful shots!

Bobbi said...

Holy cow that first photo is just gorgeous, both before and after.

audrey neal said...

just beautiful -- love seeing your work here. really makes me want to get out of this office and see what my lens can find this afternoon.

Angela2932 said...

What is a render filter? You worked magic on these photos!

Krista P said...

Both are interesting shot - love them. Great PPing.

Sweet Peripety said...

yeah! yeah! those shots are so good....i love looking at your pics.

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!! You inspire me to figure out this whole filter thing!!! have a great day my friend!!

Jennifer Davis said...

These are just amazing...love the contrast of the before's and after's.

vtpuggirl said...

I like seeing the before and after, it's like a little bit of magic isn't it?