Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where did the day go?

One of those days where I puttered my day to accomplishing just about nothing.

House - not clean.

Accounting tasks - still waiting.

Scrapbooking - none.

But, I did do a photo shoot with a reluctant 17 year old - he would have been just as happy to stay in bed. I tried my hardest to "put him at ease" so we could get some shots that weren't stiff and stilted. Got a couple with real smiles, but really, he just wasn't into it. Ah well, not much I could do about that. I'll make the most of the photos for his mom, and we'll just go on.

Here are a couple photos from yesterday's little jaunt around the yard. The rose hips are my usually pp. The dried flowers/weeds I tried a few new techniques I've been reading/learning about - hard lighting and some dodge and burn.

I'm pretty happy with the results and excited to have a few more tools in my personal tool belt.

Tough day with homework for J - but onward! Maybe that will be my theme - ONWARD!

I'm going to scoot here - or should I say "Move Onward" and do some scrapbooking before bed.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Those berries are GORGEOUS! Great shot!

Lou said...

Sometimes I have days like that too - just spinning my wheels all day. I love the pop of color against the white snow in your berry photo.

Meaghan said...

Great shots! I like the PP on both. I have way too many days like that!

audrey neal said...

gorgeous photos -- and yep, I'm just like that. I have days where suddenly I'll look up and realize that it's four hours later and I've done nothing...

Michelle said...

I really like that second shot! Lots of details there.

Unknown said...

Looks so wintery. Great PP. TFS!

Jess said...

I hear ya.. I haven't gotten anything done either. LOVE that pop of the red berries with the snow! And those dried flowers... that texture is awesome!

pat said...

Nice contrast with the snow on the rosehips. I've had days just like yours--running fast and going nowhere. The nice thing is that it doesn't last, and you start making progress again.

Houston said...

Wow those pictures make me want to move onward with my skills!

PS Don't worry nothing was cleaned at my house yesterday either :)

Suzy said...

I've had similar days to. Great shots those berries are just to cool!

Anonymous said...

These are just lovely! My favorite is the second one. There is such an interesting texture to those shots.

*Paula* said...

the rose hips look gorgeous!

Angela2932 said...

I like both of your processing methods! I hear you about the low-productive days!