Sunday, February 1, 2009

For-Shadowing this week . . .

I'm not making predictions or prophesy - don't have that gift. But I am looking ahead to this week and see some pretty sure things on the horizon.

First, I need to spend much of tomorrow focused on all that beginning of the month office stuff that I really dread. Time to just get it out of the way, you know!

Then of course on Wednesday my J is having his 9th birthday - he wants to go to A&W for dinner, which I think we might be able to manage. Will also have to do cupcakes for his class, one more gift to purchase, and then on Saturday he wants to go to the movies with a friend instead of a party. So, it will be a fun celebration. And I note, with a touch of sadness, this is the last single digit birthday - he is growing up!

I've got some thoughts about projects for the upcoming classes at Keepsakes By Design, and I'm feeling a little Mojo coming my way - have one layout done and another half way completed for the classes that are coming up real soon. I'm hoping that something I do craftwise will use this photo of my niece:

It is just one that strikes my fancy, and is my POTD for this Sunday, February 1.

And, if all goes according to plan, I'll also get a photo shoot with two of the cute little girls in this photo - they are so photogenic and sweet, and I have some ideas I want to do with them and then if the pics turn out, a mini-album I'm planning for one of those classes mentioned above.

I've also got some photos to edit, a fundraiser dinner meeting at J's school, some household chores to do, and possible a crop on Saturday, if I can get everything else done before then. Whew! It's going to be a fun week! I can tell already.

Now, off to bed so I'll be peppy in the morning to get those darned office beginning of the month things off my back - it really is best to be quick about it or it starts to drag me down!

16 comments:

Kimberly said...

DARLING photograph of your neice...and LOVE that shot on the bridge of all the kids...AWESOME!
I can't wait to see what you create now!
xoxo
Loves,
K

Steph said...

Sounds like a busy week. Great pictures! The bridge one is so cool.

Linnao said...

I love that picture of your niece, great look on her face! I also like the picture of the 5 kids a lot, very cute and cool! Have a great week!

pat said...

LOVE love the shot of the kids on that log bridge. Great location, great shot.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Just love her red cheeks and smile even though it looks so cold.

Bobbi said...

She is so cute, I love the rosy cheeks.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the office stuff. I was just reading the SC board and your life it far from boring. It looks wonderfully beautiful from my perspective. I live in fast-paced, crazy Miami...and every once and again, I have to remind myself to slow down and BREATHE. And then I stalk your blog, take in the beautiful photos, read about what's going on...and then I'm fine. My son just celebrated his 10th birthday last month...whew, I was both happy and sad. Double digits are a big deal. He's just that much closer to being a teenager. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week and that your son's birthday is wonderful. Looking forward to the pictures!

Kristii said...

Good luck with your Monday morning duties!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with for classes!!

audrey neal said...

looks like the start to a great month! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see your layouts!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

I don't envy you having to do the office stuff. :P Love all those pics. I remember the first time you posted the bridge one. It is so cute and I love the pic of your niece. :)

Laura Fiore said...

Best of luck to you Susan Beth, at chipping away at the office stuff! Lots on your plate, but I know you do everything with help from God, so he'll see you through!

Lovely photos...can't wait to see your class work!

diana albright said...

what a wonderful week ahead of you!! happy birthday to your little man! and gosh, girrl... your photos are always so amazing. i don't check your blog as often as i'd like, but i am wowed every time!

Anonymous said...

That picture of your niece is just precious! Sounds like you are off to a busy week - know how THAT feels. Can't wait to see your projects! :)

vtpuggirl said...

Gosh, you can make some lists girl! I always feel downright lazy next to your list of things to do. Best of luck with everything, hope J has a great birthday!

denine zielinski said...

I know how you feel. My kiddo celebrated his last single digit birthday in November. They do grow up way too fast!