Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tags

I finished this last night.

Actually, the tags were done on Saturday, but getting the frame planned and made took up what crafting time I had on Sunday and Monday.

Here are the individual tags (one was already posted last week, but I'm re-posting it).

The background of the project is chipboard, painted with a couple of layers and then covered with screening that I first sprayed with Luminarts Radiant Rains. The chipboard itself is the cheap stuff that comes free with packs of paper that get shipped to our LSS. And obviously the frame is recycled cardboard. So, I feel a bit like I've done a green project too since it uses what would otherwise be garbage materials.

All the papers, brads and metal findings are by 7 Gypsies. The flowers are all Prima. Inks are all Distress Inks from Tim Holtz and Ranger. There is even a Bazzil "Bosher" thrown in there from long long ago!

Hopefully people will be interested in taking this class. It feels like a major accomplishment to have this done. Those of you who are crafters out there, do you ever get a project finished and then need to just examine it for a day or two before you can start something else? I'm trying to avoid that, because I want to craft, not oogle over what I've already done. But I keep going back to check if it's really okay. I think I have a complex or something! ;)

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow; that is absolutely gorgeous. The work that must have gone into that; I love the tags; and that frame is just awesome; I can't tell you how much I love it!

Lauren said...

Oh wow! These are simply marvelous!

Anonymous said...

so so beautiful, thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

(found you at 2peas)

Kimberly said...

OMGosh those are GORGEOUS! Love the frame you displayed them in too! xoxo
Loves,
K

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Simply beautiful!! I love it!! KWIM about moving on to other projects - I do that sometimes too! I really don't know why - maybe because I enjoyed the process so much of the previous project, I kind of mourn leaving it to move on to the next??

Anonymous said...

Whoooooaaaa!!! Amazing tags-those are simply gorgeous. Forget any projects I may have going on, I'm just going to ogle yours a bit more!

Larajc said...

Love this. What a great idea. Good luck with your class!

Becky said...

Very pretty! You're talented.

Angela2932 said...

I'm impressed! These are gorgeous.

Kelly said...

WOW!! Super gorgeous!!

Molly said...

Very very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!! love the tags...but love the frame, too!! tfs!!
sally

Christie Wildes said...

Ohhh how pretty - and so detailed!! You did a great job with these!!

Jackie's Shot said...

So beautiful and creative. ~Jackie

R.A. BNKetti said...

What a neat idea! Love the tags, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Those are really lovely!

Anonymous said...

These are UNREAL. You really have put so much time and effort into these.

Reds said...

Gorgeous tags - I would totally take that class!! Love scrapbooking and cardmaking... but never done tags!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

You did a great job on all those tags they are pretty

Margaret said...

These are amazing! You are so creative and talented!

Shauna said...

They are beautiful! It's going to be one pretty frame. TFS!

Jess said...

These are beautiful! I am amazed at all the detail and the way all of the elements come together so perfectly!

Jennifer Davis said...

These are AMAZING! Wow, great tags!

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful!! I love it and I hope lots of people come to the your class.

liz mataraza said...

boshers! i have always wanted those and never got around to getting them. this project is stunning! i looove it!

Lisa said...

You can let go of your need to check and re-check...the project is GORGEOUS! I was looking forward to seeing the final project and you did not disappoint! Thanks for sharing.