Friday, February 20, 2009

MY HUSBAND IS SO WISE! MY GOD IS SO GOOD!

A bit of a peek at some photos I took the other day for a friend's son. He was totally not into getting his photo done, which made it a bit of a challenge to get some interesting shots. But I think we were able to make it worth my time. I hope his mother likes them! The goal was to get head shots. Here they are:

Maybe played with this one (below) a bit too much.

We went up to Bridger Bowl today to get J on the hill and get his snow board legs under him before lessons start tomorrow! He did great! And it was so easy to see why my husband thought this was so important - the difference between that first run of the season and what he looked like by the end of our 1.5 hours there was amazing. And, we just used the $5 lift ticket for the "bunny hill" so it didn't cost us much at all - skiing/boarding is so expensive that this was our first chance this year! Anyways, what a brilliant idea from my husband!

And I was able to get a nice photo with my wise beloved!

Do you ever just suddenly recognize all over again just how good God is? Not any one specific thing, just in general? That is the feeling that over comes me today and what a blessing it is. Little answered prayers, brothers and sisters in faith supporting and loving each other, beautiful surroundings, and unexpected little blessings all just bring this feeling together. I know feelings are not supposed to direct how we live our life, but when they affirm how good God is, it is fun to enjoy them.

Have a great beginning to your weekend!

10 comments:

Jess said...

These are fantastic... you did great with the headshots and your snowboarding outing looks like it was tons of fun! What a blessing to spend the time together like that!

Jodie said...

Great photos. You look like you had fun on hte snowboards!

Nicki said...

You did very well with your reluctant subject and especially well with your captures from snow boarding. Your journaling is so inspiring - thank you.

Reds said...

Great headshots - mom will be happy! And good snowboarding shots!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, what fantastic photos! i love them!

Rachael said...

Great shots!! I'm sure his mom will love them!

Sweet Peripety said...

fun photos! i can't wait to hear how your date went! :)

vtpuggirl said...

Love the ski photos, I just love snow photos! They are so pretty, beautiful pics here.

CD said...

I totally agree with you, there are times when I just feel God's love extra much in every inch of life! The photos turned out great, my fave is the middle one :)

Blessings to you sweet gal,
CD

Anonymous said...

Your blog was such an inspiration to me this morning. I've caught up on all of your posts but just decided to post on this one since your words "hit the nail right on the head" for me. Thanks for the photo before and afters. My husband enjoys looking at your photos as well. They're our little "getaway" from Miami city life. Have a blessed day.