Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Re-Cap

One more photo from yesterday - with the added twist of a reflection. But it is today's POTD.

What can I say, it was a busy day getting things besides photography done.

But I did go to a design team meeting for Keepsakes by Design and the plans for the next four or five months are really exciting. We drooled over catalogs, chatted excitedly about new products released at CHA, and made plans for classes and events.

I'm going to have a lot of classes to teach, and I'm excited. I'll get to use products from Basic Grey, 7 Gypsies, Tim Holtz, Melissa Francis, Prima, Donna Downey, and oh so much more! I'm pretty excited. I'll be doing tags, mini albums, scrapbook pages, altered items, and . . . I can't believe I'm saying this, but cards too! I feel like such a failure with cards, but I'm going to give it a whirl using Studio 490 stamps and grunge paper. I pray I do well with all of this!

Also got to have a friend over to to chat this afternoon while the boys were off at Grandma and Grandpa's watching the Stanford basketball team lose in a big way. I think I got the better end of that deal! Jennifer, I enjoyed our relaxing time this afternoon - just what I needed! Although J did get to go sledding with his grandma, so he's pretty happy with his day. The only one not so pleased it the Stanford Cardinal fan, but he gets over it pretty quick.

As I type the guys are in the kitchen making a special batch of chocolate chip/m&m cookies to take to the Super Bowl party at Grandma and Grandpa's tomorrow. And I am off to my craft room to get going on some of those classes I need to design!

13 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful photo, I love the reflection.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Wonderful photo.
Sounds like you have a ton of fun scrappy/crafty things coming up! Makes me miss being on a design team. I don't miss the pressure of deadlines and wanting things perfect though, lol. I hear you about cards. I have a fear of those little suckers. Not sure why. I'm fine with a full 12x12 inch space but intemidated by a small card, lol. Good luck with it all. I'm sure you'll create beautiful things!

Denise said...

What a perfect day. You deserve it! I hope the rest of your weekend is just as relaxing. :o)

Anonymous said...

That reflection is very cool!

Jodie said...

lovely photo - great reflection!

Sweet Peripety said...

you beautify my day with your photographs!

pat said...

Gorgeous shot, and perfect lighting. I scrolled down your blog--I really like the way you see things! Love your header photo and the pp on it.

DebW said...

Can't wait to see your LSS DT projects! Love your work as much as your photos!

audrey neal said...

congrats on the classes -- sounds like you are really going to be enjoying yourself. I hope you'll be sharing the projects on your blog -- sneak peeks, at least.

Becky said...

That's an interesting photo; lots of layers to it.

Kristii said...

I love that photo!! The changes at KBD are exciting! I am glad you are teaching lots!! You will do great with the cards! I have no doubt!!

Kimberly said...

Oh what fun that must have been at your meeting!
Love this beautiful photograph too!
xoxo
Loves,
K

Helsbells said...

I love this photo of the ice. The reflection is fantastic.