Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rabbit Trails POTD

Yesterday's picture of the day is this one (above) of a rabbit trail in our yard. It's very cool to know that when we aren't looking there are rabbits hopping around out there constantly - I know it is constantly because there are places where the volume of trails is huge! I just love that.

And I love that so far Leo has never caught a rabbit. It would make me sad if he ever did.

The rabbit trails make me think of all the little diversions that come along in life. Some of them almost seem designed to distract us from what we need to be focused on, while others I know I choose to take specifically to avoid what I need to be focused on. And yet, they can bring us to the most amazing experiences too.

As I was looking for rabbit trails yesterday I cam across this:

Do you see what I see? Yes, there is a feather there laying in the dried grasses revealed by the melting snow. But what else do you see? Me, I see glimpses of green grass. Even in the middle of winter, given a bit of sunshine, the grass starts to grow. That is encouraging!

Not that I'm discouraged or anything, but signs of spring in the winter are always so cool!

Off to my first Saturday at the library. Hoping to get a lot done, because frankly, yesterday was not a very efficient study day - followed too many rabbit trails, both real and figurative!

Today: FOCUS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, beautiful photos! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos!

Lauren said...

Great photos... my dogs would SO be after those bad boys!

Nicole said...

signs of green are appreciated here too my friend...i LOVE that you saw that in amongst all of the frozen stuff. =)

kathleen said...

I love your photos!!!! Just beautiful!!1