Monday, January 19, 2009

Many photos!

Photo shoot this morning went pretty well. There was a lot of blue sky and bright sun, but that is to be expected. And fortunately the sun was pretty low in the sky most of the time, so we had some space to work. At a little before 10 a.m. we headed into the barn and gave that a try - at the barn window. I haven't processed all of the photos by a long shot. Just chose a few random from throughout our time together and threw them up here.
I got permission to share a few of these photos, and am open to constructive criticism - really, help me make it better, whether its the next time I'm behind the camera or anytime with my pp. The black and whites are all the Goldenrod action from Photoblast/EZActions, which I'm pretty happy with, but willing to keep an open mind if you know of something better.
I also too a few shots of little things I noticed while out there. It helped that my friend is into photography too, and she was so excited by the little things she saw. Having her eyes on the property that is generally very familiar to me was such a blessing. A new perspective is some places. Love that!
I am using this one below as my POTD for this, January 20. It is peaking under a patch of snow that juts out over the creek.
Also got a walk in with my hubby today - wasn't at the library all day because it was closed for MLK day. So, studying from home allowed me to take a break with him. That was GOOD! So nice to have time to chat just a little. And we saw this: Yes, for free you can have this beautiful vintage home-made stove - if you get to it before my husband and I do. We're thinking it might be something Daniel would like - what do you think Daniel? A treasure by the side of the road for sure!
While on the walk I took this photo and will be using it as my current self portrait. I love it! Never before have I had such long legs - and skinny ones at that! I like to think of myself this way. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

17 comments:

Linnao said...

Wow, I love all your pictures! LOL for your self portrait! and great find, the stove!

kathleen said...

Your pictures are amazing! I adore especially your choice for potd!

Donnah Ciempka said...

Wow, I love the ice shots - amazing

Anonymous said...

I love the warm light in your portraits. WOW...those ices shots are so amazingly detailed.

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

You have an amazing talent.

Anonymous said...

These turned out great.
That last shot...I LOVE it!!!
Cari

Chell said...

there are some really fun shots there of things you found while out and about. those ice shots are amazing..

Love the one of your friend in the barn

Ally said...

What fun photos! I love when you share photos of your surroundings on the blog - so different from my own, but I feel like I am there!

As for the portraits, I love the first one - innocent, simple, and natural.

Hanna Long said...

great picures - love the close ups of hte snow/ice

Joanne Fowler said...

Fun stuff! Great job on these images!

Christie Wildes said...

Wow - your pictures always amaze me!!! Love them.... :) They make me smile.

And yay for getting some self portraits of YOU!!

XO

Becky said...

Nice variety of shots with nice detail!

DebW said...

Great photos. TFS!

Denise said...

I love all the portraits. My favorite one is the black and white. She has a stunning smile. I know you were going for hair shots and for hair shots I think the first photo is perfect. Very calming and natural. You did a fantastic job!

Your POD is amazing. The fine details in the ice crystals are mesmerizing!

*reyanna* said...

Awesome photos! And that black and white one of her looks like it's out of The Wizard of Oz... with her in focus and the background being out of focus. Love it! :)

Mom Keena said...

Beautiful photos! Of course, you had a lot to work with! :)

Sweet Peripety said...

beautiful pics. she has lovely hair!