Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brain Mush

I'm getting to the point where my brain is just mush. As I recall, that is a normal phase of exam prep, and then there will be a break through and everything will come together. Please, God, let that be the case! I need everything to come together.

Actually, I got some encouragement on that today. Andy was asked a question by a family member about a subject I had just studied. He posed the question to me, and I got to apply some of what I've been focused on. It really helped to solidify the concepts to apply and discuss them. So, I know things will get much better when I finish the review of all the topics and am able to start doing practice exams where I have to apply the concepts.

Also, the woman I met last week, who is also studying for the bar, is coming to the library a couple days a week. We are becoming friends. That makes me happy because she seems very nice. It also makes it less lonely to be there. And we are planning to do some practice exams, so I'll have some feed back. She is like super duper smart - Yale undergrad, Yale law school, clerked for a federal judge and then worked at the U.N. in international law. I'm way out classed here gang. But she's so nice and down to earth. She'll be good for me as we study.

First though, I have to finish the topic reviews.

I'm never without my camera these days because it really is my only creative outlet during this study time. I was so excited to have it with me on my walk this morning as I saw somethings that were perfect for this weeks POTD theme at Two Peas: Texture. I saw some great texture.

And some of you know what is coming don't you - whipped out the camera and NO CARD IN CAMERA. Yep, sure enough. By the time I realized, I was 3/4 of a mile from the truck where the case with the camera was. So, no pictures from that walk. But I can go back there tomorrow and get some of what I saw.

To compensate for the missed opportunity, while dinner was simmering on the stove I ran out to the creek behind the barn and shot a few photos. Not exactly on texture, but POTD goal is met all the same.

Plus, for Grandpa Gary, here are a couple pics of my beautiful boy, who went out to check out the creek with me.

Oh, and for those of you who have never been here, really, I did have the camera held straight, it is just that our barn lists - a lot. It's old. What can I say?

Have a great Wednesday!

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

Your boy is very handsome!! and you have quite a talent behind the lens! I love looking at your pics!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I love them all! I do that ALL the time with the card and not having it in the camera!
Cari

Margaret said...

That barn is awesome! So many great photo opportunities with that.

Good luck with your studying!

pakosta said...

that barn shot is way COOL!
tara

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Nice shots. Hes so cute.

Becky said...

What a great old barn. Looks like endless photo opportunities. Your DS is adorable too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed your shot. That happened to me last week. You live in a beautiful area! Nice shots.

Claude said...

Beatiful shots!

Chell said...

Love that barn picture~~ Handsome young man you have there

Rita said...

Love the photos! We have so many tilting barns out in our area. I always want to stop and photograph them but never do..