Monday, January 5, 2009

Studying Begins

This is my photos for January 5th, and a peek at the place where I am doing my studying. Today I got a full seven hours of studying in just up on the second floor, right before the first flag on the right. I found a desk up there looking out the window and went to work. Tomorrow I'll try to get a photo looking out the window.
Well, I got my academic study focus back - really accomplished a lot. I planned to outline one subject, and I got three done. That felt good!
What was disconcerting was that at about 3 p.m. I realized that for five hours I had been focused on the legal stuff, and that is probably the longest I've gone not focusing on my family and my home in one way or another for years. I almost burst into tears because I missed them - and even the thought of them - so very much. Granted, Andy was in trial in Livingston and J was in school, so if I was at home I would not see them, but it wasn't the seeing them I missed so much as the having them as my focus. Even when I relax with scrapbooking its usually about things involving them. But today, it was something totally separate and unrelated and all consuming that wasn't them. I missed them!
I'll have to get over that because I need all my days to be as productive as today.
I was feeling pretty good when I finished the first subject before my lunch break, but then the next subject was Workers Compensation, and whew! That threw me into a bit of a panic because I was sleepy (after lunch) and I was struggling to get all the moving parts of the statutes organized. But, I found a great summary, which then helped me put the big picture together. It will never be my favorite subject, but I'll be okay with it.
And, just so you all know, although I'm not a liberal by any means, I think Workers Comp is about the worst thing that ever happened to workers in the history of this country! Amazingly unfair and biased towards employers! Just my little opinion, to share with you for this day!
Andy's back in trial again tomorrow, so it is a little crazy around here, but apparently things are going pretty well so far - you never really know until you get the verdict, but he feels okay about how it went today. Tomorrow should be the last day.
It's still Monday night for me, but "Great Tuesday to all of you!"

2 comments:

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great picture of the library Susan Beth. Good luck with all your studing. You are really inspiring. :)

Fuzzy said...

Worker's Comp is my least favorite part of my job. With Ballet dancers its hard to determine debilitating injury from something that needs a little ice for the night, so we all get frustrated trying to make the system work for them. I always say that where ever I go next (whenever that may be) I will not do W/C. Its just a bummer. Your picture is not though! Beautiful library you have there in Bozeman. Good luck and lots of love!