Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's been a while!

Yes, last night I got the first chance in over a month to do a scrapbook page.

After that long it felt good to work on this project. I'm ambivalent about my project and about sharing it with everyone. One thing is that this page is flat, and that is not normal for me. That makes me a bit uncomfortable. But, who cares! I'm back to getting some scrapbooking done.

It's all with the January Studio Calico kit, which I opened for the first time last night. The some of the paper is Studio Calico's own brand, and I wasn't sure what to do with it but I knew I liked it.

I'm doing okay with the transition back to regular life. J is better and off to school today. Temps are still bitter cold - well below zero. And my to do list is getting longer and longer.

I want to say that God has mysterious ways of working, and even as I went through the day yesterday several things happened that demonstrate he may be opening an unexpected door or two that would have remained shut during a study period.

As we are working hard to teach J:

"Be joyful always; pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5: 16 - 18. It so applies to this situation. I will not wallow (really it is easy to find things to rejoice about). Praying is a constant in our lives these days because honestly Andy and I without any ability on our own to manage our lives - clearly God has responded to our prayers about doing the right thing by bringing this correction in our current directions. And frankly, knowing where to go from here is something I cannot do on my own - need lots of time on my knees to get the answers to that quandary. There are so many things to be thankful for and this situation is one of them.

But for me, the most reassuring part of that verse it that God has a will for me in Christ Jesus. It includes rejoicing, praying and giving thanks. But it is so much more than that. If I let Him, he will carve out for me a life that is exactly what He wants for me. I am the one who often gets in the way of His plans, not the other way around. That is humbling and reassuring all at the same time.

Off to care for my home and family, and wait on direction from the Lord!

20 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

Absolutely love this layout!

Hanna Long said...

love how you tucked your picture behind the flower and how you used the chipboard buttons - fantastic job

Anonymous said...

Pretty layout!

Anonymous said...

I think this layout turned out fantastic!

Anonymous said...

love your layout, sorry about your letdown in the previous post.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!!! And, I love the layout! I kinda had some fleeting mojo through my worse morning sickness times in December and early January, so I know how good it feels to finally create after a hiatus of even a month or so. Glad you got some time to do that and the outcome is fabulous!

Molly said...

I adore that layout!!!

Jenn said...

I think the LO is great...as always. Also glad that new possibilities are arising.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Great layout!

Amy said...

Beautiful layout!

Mom2Drew said...

LOVE it! Totally motivating.

Lauren Hartman said...

What a lovely layout. I haven't scrapped in several years. When I see beautiful layouts like yours, it almost makes me wish I hadn't given it up. Almost ;)

Sherri said...

Beautiful layout!!!

Diana said...

What a great layout! i need to print out photos so that i can scrap them too

Anonymous said...

WOW...your layout is so artistic and has such amazing detail. Thank you for sharing your art.

Kristii said...

Fantastic layout Susan Beth!! Here's to the future knowing that God is in Control!! Have a great day my friend!

Reds said...

Gorgeous layout!

Liz said...

Lovely layout. I am glad you have found peace in your decision.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What an awesome layout.

Becky said...

I think it's a great layout!