Friday, January 30, 2009

Down By The River Side!

Went down to the Gallatin River, just under a little bridge I know to take photos of the ice as it's breaking up. It was a beautiful day today with warm sunshine to enjoy. Loved it!

Here is a SOOC of my POTD shot:

Don't worry, I played with it!

Then same thing with some PSE fiddling - I'm a total PSE hack, but I'm starting to be brave with a bit more exploration of what I can do:

Then with the Goldenrod Black and White Conversion:

And lastly with a Sepia conversion.

Finally, I picked this guy up from school and we went back to the river because I just had to show him how totally cool it is!

Plus, it's Friday, and we need to do something pure fun after school on Fridays just to make it special.

First weekend with no studying, and I'm hoping to be very relaxed. Have a design team meeting at the LSS, where I'll get to hear all about CHA from my buddies and plan for classes to be taught between now and June. Kind of excited about that!

Not making much progress on the quilt - not looking like it will be done for the birthday. Sort of a bummer, but sometime I just think I can do too much in too short a time.

12 comments:

Tracie said...

These are just beautiful Susan. Have a great weekend!

Jenn said...

Cool photo...like all the different looks. (oh nd I finished my sentence over on my blog...I must have posted it before I was finished. But I love your completion of my thought! made me smile!)

Jenn said...

Beautiful photos Susan. Glad you get a break from studying. Enjoy your weekend!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What a great reflection and I like how you included the snow in the composition.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That is really beautiful. I normally prefer black and white but your color edit is very pretty!

audrey neal said...

wow...beautiful photos! thanks for sharing -- and I love your heading photo too!

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful photos, hope you do finish the quilt, I can't wait to see it! Can you keep doing the continuing education in the meantime for the bar/license? It will keep your skills up, I have to do tons.

Kimberly said...

GORGEOUS Susan! Love them all!
xo
Loves.
K

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos, love all the different versions.

Joy Madison said...

LOVE the photos of the ice! so pretty!

Rachael said...

What great pictures!! Love the different effects you used on them!

kathleen said...

Gorgeous photos!!!!