Sunday, January 25, 2009

Totally Whimpy Today!

My photo taking was not high priority today. I did it as I drove out of the library parking to go pick J up from a Birthday party. Got this one of some graffiti that I presume has a bit of a Native American influence (not a surprise here in Montana). But what I was really after was this roof, which caught my eye from the library window as I was studying. I had to climb on the roof of my Subaru to get this (don't tell my husband I was up there) and it was only 2F out, so I was trying not to slip off, get knocked unconscious and die of the cold before anyone found me. The view wasn't as great as I wanted when I got up there, but I took the shot anyway because after all that effort I needed to drive away with something! So this is my POTD.
Hopefully tomorrow will have something more interesting to look at. Thanks for looking! Hope your week gets off to a great start!

17 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

The things we do for a good shot! LOL. Glad you didn't fall. The pic has great repitition.

CindyTykie said...

Glad you didn't get hurt getting the shot. You did a great job

Becky Anderson said...

Love the graffiti. I have to admit I have never seen any with that kind of influence :) Makes it unique!

Julie said...

You go girl! I know the things we do for this hobby. Great shots.

Kimberly said...

Well those are super cool shots! So glad you didn't get hurt too! xoxo
Loves,
K

janett said...

You are certainly dedicated!!! Haha. That's some great graffiti.

Denise said...

You definitely get an A for effort for climbing on top of your car. I actually really like that photo and the story behind it is icing on the cupcake!

Kristii said...

Very interesting photos! Priceless! I love that you had to get up on your car roof to take the picture! Shows you the lengths we will go to for our craft! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

The perspective on that last shot really rocks.

Reds said...

Glad you didn't get hurt for that great shot! What we do for art!! ;)

Margaret said...

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself getting that shot! Isn't it amazing what we'll go through to get the shots we want! :)

Vanessa said...

Love the roof shot!

Becky said...

You are NOT wimpy if you stand on the roof of your car to get a shot!

vtpuggirl said...

Very cool shot! Glad you are ok!

Lauren said...

What an intriguing piece of graffitti.

Bobbi said...

I love that graffiti, too cool.

Chell said...

Oh I like it. I have done crazy things like that for a shot too.