Friday, January 16, 2009

AHHHH! Not what I expected

Today was a fine day, not bad at all really, but totally not what I expected. Well, at least it kind of wasn't what I expected.

I worked at the scrapbooking store and that was good. I got zero studying done (going to do that after I get this post up), which sort of surprised me. I did do a little crafting, and a lot of helping customers, both of which were very fun. So, I'm not complaining. It just wasn't how I envisioned it.

Add on top of that the fact that J was with me at the store for three or more hours, making things a lot more interesting. He didn't have school today - a one day semester break. Andy had morning meetings, so J came with me. That is okay with my boss, which is wonderful of her to be so understanding.

I did get a chance to take some photos of projects I had at the store that haven't been shared here. They are from when I last worked in the store, back in December. But my pictures of them are not the greatest. Indoors, on the tile floor, by the window with florescent lighting is just not a condition I'm great at. But here they are:

The sun was out today and streaming through the windows of the store, so the tags, which are very dimensional, have lots of shadows.

Really, now that I look at it again, there are lots of shadows on the title of the page too. Ugh! But, it is so nice to remember that I do things like this! Sorry that the photos aren't the best.

I did also take some time this afternoon to work on another tag - it's not finished yet because I kept getting interrupted by customers (a very good thing, which I'm not complaining about at all). Hopefully I'll get it finished tomorrow.

It wasn't my day for photos. I took a few this morning around the yard while I was trying to get some sun before going into the store for the day. But, none of them were very good. I think I was just in too much of a hurry because I was running a bit late.

So, my 365 POTD for today was taken almost a year ago, but today I played with it a bit and added an action I didn't own when I took it. I hope that processing counts toward it being today's photo. Otherwise, I guess I cheated. Sorry about that!

It is my baptism gown, so it's over 44 years old.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Rita said...

Love the LO and tags, especially all of the texture! The photo of your gown is gorgeous! I love what you did with it!

Margaret said...

The photo of your gown is incredible. I love how you composed that shot!

Michelle Duckworth said...

Love the scrappy stuff... and the gown... how special to still have it. I wish I had mine... and I am 24. I have all 3 of my kids outfits... and will keep them for them when they get older.

Reds said...

Beautiful tags and layout! And that photo of your gown is great!

Anonymous said...

Love the tags! So cool. I love the shot of the dress too.
Cari

DebW said...

Love the LO & tag! The christening gown is just beautiful. You're so fortunate to have it!

janett said...

That gown is gorgeous! And so is your bird tag.

mborrero said...

like the tags

Lindsay said...

The picture of your baptismal gown is amazing! Simple stunning.

Lorrie said...

Beautiful photo. I miss working at my LSS.... hoping the economy picks up so I can go back again!!

Kelly said...

I love your gown and the fact that you are capturing for all time

Kimberly said...

OMGosh that baptism outfit hanging on that old fense is AMAZING! Great shots...love them all and your creations! xoxo
Loves,
K