Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Dunes

Three different photos, each with different treatments: 1: Using the Rustic Pro action

2: Using the Midnight Pro action

3. No actions, just a little editingNow that I see it on the blog screen, I'm wishing I'd thrown in a warming layer. Oh well, too lazy to go back and change it tonight.

All three were taken on my walk this morning. It amazes me how the snow and dried grasses look like sand dunes - especially since they are both depicting the effects of wind blowing on the landscape. Makes me miss sand dunes and walks on wind swept beaches in winter with the grey Pacific crashing its waves at regular intervals.

This is my POTD for today, January 12:

Here is a prayer from the Proverbs 31 Ministry Devotions Blog today, that frankly, I think is something I need to momorize and say with all possible meaning every single day:

Dear Lord, I offer my schedule today to You.
Help me remove from my schedule
things not in Your perfect will for me.
Help me add anything to my schedule
that I may have overlooked but is important to You.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - those are some beautiful photos!

liz mataraza said...

you are very poetic in your photoshopping descriptions. :) beautiful pics.

Margaret said...

Beautiful shots. Looks very cold, too!

Kristii said...

Beautiful photos and such a wonderful reminder!! Wishing you a blessed day filled with the joy of the Lord!!

Reds said...

Love that last shot! So peaceful!

Anonymous said...

I really love your conversions on these photos. The second one is my fav. I can never find the right photo for that midnight effect. You really nailed it.

Anonymous said...

Those shots are beautiful. I love that first one so much!
Cari

Becky said...

Very pretty! I love your cow shots below; I love cows. :-D

Anonymous said...

such lovely photos!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Such a perfect prayer Susan Beth. That is one I would like to memorize too. Gorgeous pictures too!

Helsbells said...

Your photos are so beautiful. Love the sky in the third one :)

vtpuggirl said...

Love the photo of the day! LOL at drooling on your key board from the library. I'm sure they have rules about that you know.

kathleen said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the reminder : )

Amy said...

I really like your potd for today, the photo shows such peace. :)

Lorrie said...

wow...just absolutely GORGEOUS!

Steph said...

I really like the texture and conversion on the last photo.