Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday/Monday Post

This is my late in the day Sunday, probably gonna count for Monday post. My new form of multi-tasking, what do you think? And at the same time I'm simmering the dinner, and printing up the draft of the office monthly billings. That's a lot of multitasking! How much do you want to bet something will be burned? I'll try to be careful!
Yesterday Andy and I went for a walk where I got to use my new Yak Tracks
- to keep from slipping on the ice. It was a cold walk - single digits and at zero when we arrived home. But it was a nice walk. And I got this photo to count as my January 3 photo:

Oops! Be right back, I hear something simmering over on the stove - sizzle sizzle!

Okay, got that before there was any damage!

Anyway, don't you just love that moon! It was about 5:15 p.m. and I looked up and saw it and knew I had my photo for the day! (Prior to that I thought it was going to be the Yak Track photo, but the moon beats springs on rubber ropes tied around my shoes any day!)

Today was busy! And by the time I turned my attention to getting my photo for this day it was below zero, and the light was fading fast. So, I ran outside and did a quick quirky self portrait. Ugh! But, we all need one of those from time to time so that when we do a scrapbook page about our musings and inner thoughts we have something to represent ourselves. So, here is the January 4th photo:

Not the most flattering, but it it is accurate. I don't wear much make up - although sometimes I wish I did. I'm a bit of an Au natural type girl, grey streaked hair, wrinkles around the eyes, and all. Ugh! Enough about me and that photo. It's done.

I want to follow up on something from an earlier post. I found a place to get easy and good devotions for women: Proverbs 31 Women Blog. It is easy and accessible and really hits the nail on the head - especially if you take the time to do the follow up exercises. I like that I can hit the computer first thing in the morning and there it is for me. I still do a couple of Bible Studies (yes, even while studying for the bar exam) but this is a great way to start the day.

One more thing, although this post is getting a bit long. After our experience last week, where I thought I'd be a widow by now, going to church this morning was an extra special experience. I was a bit emotional, all the worship songs touched me in a special way, and Andy and I sang holding on to each other. It was pretty cool! One of those real worship highs. I think that comes from having such a grateful heart and from coming to terms with the fact that God will take care of us, regardless of who or what we lose.

Anyway, it was just kind of neat. I don't know if I've explained it well, but it was something compelling I wanted to share.

Tomorrow - off to the library for my first big day of focused study - I believe I'll be reviewing the law of agency as Montana sees it - thrilling, huh!

Blessings to all of you!

9 comments:

Kristii said...

Way to get a jump on multitasking!! It works!! Glad you didn't burn anything!! I am glad you are doing the photo challenge!! You take awesome photos my dear!!

Stacy said...

You explained it perfectly! Thanks for such an inspiration blog. It is important to hold on to the people most important to us!

Good luck studying.

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed by your photos and the life you lead - so very different from my own, but clearly so perfect for you. You are a woman of true heart and I love reading your blog!

*Paula* said...

Loving your photos - I know I've said that before but it's true!

Sweet Peripety said...

great photos! i love worship times like that...very special.

vtpuggirl said...

Wow, you multitask really well! Me, not so much. I'm enjoying your photos for the 365 challenge!

Unknown said...

Fantastic photos....and just have to ask, how did the shoe things work? I need some of those with my Wisconsin weather. :)

Denise said...

I have a pair of those things and they have kept me upright many a time. Love your self portrait. The cropping is excellent as is teh subject. :o)

Jennifer Davis said...

Okay...my dh got Yak Tracks for Christmas! =) I LOVE your self-portrait, very nice...the natural beauty of YOU just shines and speaks of Mother Earth. Thank you for the link as well, off to check it out.

Have a beautiful day!

Jen