Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Wednesday!

Just in case you didn't know already. I'm having a hard time keeping track! It's also one week from J's birthday. My POTD is this birthday gift for him that I need to finish! Like fast! Help! I'm going to have to be busy. But I love the bright colors! Also have this page to share that I made last night (when I probably should have been sewing on the quilt). I did it for the BASB challenge this week, which is to do a page using one piece of patterned paper and no cardstock. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
I used Creative Imaginations paper and then added some older Heidi Grace rubons, and of course the prima flowers. But the centers of the flowers are pretty special. See:

I used pieces of vintage lace that my friend Tamara gave to me for my birthday. It is beautiful stuff, and it made great centers. The full lace is on the page too, so it all ties together.

Pictures are of my niece this past summer while camping. We'd done a pre-breakfast dip in a natural hot spring, and she was all bundled up for the hike back to camp. She's beautiful and has the best expressions - no hiding the way that child feels. Gotta love it!

Had a productive morning, but need to go so the afternoon doesn't waste away!

7 comments:

Mary Jo said...

That is a gorgeous layout! TFS!

Jennifer Davis said...

Holy smokes, this is awesome! That layout is just stunning, I'm glad you were scrapping! =)

Sharie said...

What a nice layout - love your mix of flowers and lace. Have a good day and have fun finishing your gift.

Bobbi said...

I love bright colors too, and that is a sweet layout.

Margaret said...

Beautiful colors in that first picture. And I love your layout!

Unknown said...

Love the LO. It's amazing what we can do with just a sheet of paper and some flowers. Great Job

vtpuggirl said...

That is such a gorgeous layout, I love it!