Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Gift

We are working on a birthday gift for Andy. It doubles as my POTD but isn't on any themes. J picked the place, and we went and took our photo today. He likes the flags on this wall.
Yes, that is me looking not my very best in the above photos. Below, I like me better, but J isn't looking very cute/happy. I'm giving J's appearance the priority when I select a photo for this project because he is starting to notice if he looks goofy in a photo, and doesn't want those. Will be sending it off to Costco tonight and picking it up on Saturday.

Hope Andy will like it. It is affordable and from the heart, so we're excited to give it to him.
It was fun to do it with J. Wish we could have taken more to get both of us looking our best at the same time. But J got bored pretty quickly and wanted to go get the Blizzard at Dairy Queen that I promised him. Guess that's an almost 9 year old boy for you.

Stressful part of the week is over. Got to see the power of prayer on several fronts today but not at liberty to share it all.
Very tired.

Time to get some sleep and get ready for tomorrow!

13 comments:

Linnao said...

What an original location! Nice photos!

Reds said...

That will be a sweet gift!! Love the flag background!

Liz said...

I am sure Andy will love it, how could he not? I love this location, it would be great for seniors. :)

Hanna Long said...

I think they look great - and love that flag in the background you picked an amazing location and I definately understand about kids not being interested, best to quit while your ahead and still have them interested the next time.

vtpuggirl said...

What a wonderful gift, my J and I did something similiar for a v-day gift for dh. He is going to love it! I'm still thinking about your photochallenge, I'll try to get around to that.

Margaret said...

That flag on the wall is great. Perfect backdrop. That will make a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

That is just a great location and I am sure it will be a wonderful gift. A picture is always from the heart.

Jennifer Davis said...

They are all beautiful, what a great and thoughtful gift!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jen

liz mataraza said...

these pics are so sweet! what a great gift. my hubby always loves pics of the boys. maybe i should include myself this time around and give it to him. love the painted flags. beautiful!

my boy loves blizzards too! it's funny to hear you talk about eating DQ blizzards, given how cold it is where you are!

Anonymous said...

that wall is amazing! and the photos are awesome - sure to be treasured :)

Denise said...

Susan Beth, these photos are awesome! Your son picked an awesome locale for the shoot. Just perfect. I love those flags, too. Can I admit to having locale envy? LOL!

Nancywithajones said...

love those pics

Helsbells said...

I love the flag photos. The colours are a great backdrop to the two of you.