Thursday, January 8, 2009

J Goes to College!

J is one over confident young guy sometimes.

His class is studying oceans right now. Andy showed J his oceanography book from college last night, and J was thrilled to have it. Outdated black and white photos and all. I mean, this book is from the 80's, and very old fashioned.

Today, J took the book to school to share with his classmates. As we drove the school he hugged that book and said "I love this book! I'll never give it away. Except maybe to my kids." I just had to laugh!

Then, when we got to school he put his backpack on his hook, got the book out, and strutted - yes, I do mean strutted - into class. His foot barely crossed the threshold of the classroom and I hear him in a loud voice:

"EVERYBODY! I'm in college now. My dad gave me his book from college, see!"

That is exactly what he said, I know because I rushed out to the car and wrote it down. I almost pee'd my pants I was trying not to laugh out loud at him. His teacher heard it too, and was giving me the biggest smile! So funny!

Here's my photo for this day, January 8th, taken on the way home from school:

And here are a couple more from just fussing around with the camera:

And this one is from the library. The view from my little cubby desk.

I had a really nice surprise at the library today when a friend from the scrapbooking store showed up and I got to talk with her as a break from my studying. It was so nice to know I wasn't forgotten!

I'm getting my work done with the studying. Still approximately on schedule (maybe a little ahead), and that feels great.

Also, met another woman who is studying for the bar at the library, and it looks like as we get into doing practice questions she and I will try to do some essays together and go over them - that will be a great way to see how I'm doing and make the practice exams more valuable in studying. It's encouraging to have that prospect - plus, perhaps a new friend too!

4 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

he's in college! How cute is that!! Love your pics as always! Good luck with all your studying. :)

Jennifer Davis said...

It is so awesome when you meet new potential friends! I am happy for you! Thank you for sharing the photos, that first one is so beautiful with the sun's rays like that...too cute of a story too! ;)

liz mataraza said...

he is just a hoot, that boy! the library looks very, um...smart. :)
good luck with your studies!

and i don't think anyone else can beat your POTDs.

vtpuggirl said...

He's too funny, and so cute! Wow, the snow is deep. I want just a little, not much. Just enough to make things pretty and get a break from dreary. Glad you made a new friend!