Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blue Skies Today - Hurray!

  • We have had grey skies for three weeks straight, and I am really missing sunshine and bright colors. I was musing to myself about this yesterday, thinking that my photos are so dark lately because they are taken with grey clouds all the time.

  • So, today it was grey, but as I was walking I could see little glimpses of blue skies around the edges of the clouds over the valley.

  • By this afternoon it was bright and beautiful.

  • I'm still craving color - and lots of it, but I'm happy about the skies! Now, if only it were not accompanied by unusually warm temps to melt away all the snow and bring about a lot of mud. I'm not ready for mud season yet (that's what I call Montana spring).

  • I played with that photo above a little and got this - kind of super natural looking, don't you think. Fun to play, even if it is a bit creepy.
  • And this is my Photo of the Day for January 15th:

  • I'm working at the scrapbooking store tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. I'll have to try to do some studying there during slow times and in the evenings. It will be tempting to do some scrapping while I'm there. I just may pack a little crop bag of my stuff, but I know I should focus on working and studying.

  • But, I remembered there is a layout I did there in December that I never posted here, plus four or five Tim Holtz inspired tags that I never posted here. So I'm going to try to get some photos of those and post them tomorrow night or over the weekend. That, is sort of exciting to me - it feels like so long since I've had a project to share. I love sharing photos too, but I miss sharing paper projects.

  • Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It is so encouraging to read the nice things you say!

  • Hope everyone has a great Friday and a good start to the weekend.

14 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow I really love the colours in both of your photos! I hope that you get some more blue skies soon!

Lori said...

I really like your play on the landscape photo - it looks very 'moody'....

lcp said...

What a beautiful place! I'd love to be able to see the mountains on the horizon every day.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in both the first and the second photo. I know what you mean about the sky. Its been so cold here that even the blue sky has not been comforting.

CindyTykie said...

Beautiful photos. I hope you have more blue skies this weekend

Anonymous said...

Love these...that last one especially! You should blow that up and frame it! I LOVE it!
Cari

Lauren said...

Gosh... I know I keep saying gorgeous photos - but they are, breathtaking... esp the mountains in the top!

pakosta said...

how pretty!!! i just love what you did to these!
tara

Angela2932 said...

I love the "atmospheric" nature of these photos, and your pping is really nice. It's nice to have a spot of blue now and then!

Sweet Peripety said...

that beautiful photo does not look creepy to me! LOL! it's so purty! all your photos are...

i like sharing photos to and have a hard time trying to fit in scrapbook pages on my blog hehe..

enjoy your weekend.

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

I so enjoy your photos Susan Beth!! TFS!!

vtpuggirl said...

That edited photo, the creepy one is sooo cool! I like it. Hope you do find time to do something for you, you deserve it. I know the feeling about not being able to post anything, it's frustrating. That's for the prayers, looks like surgery is going to happen next week.

liz mataraza said...

you could always scrapbook some of your study notes. it might make them easier to look at/read/study?

DebW said...

great pics! enjoy the LSS tomorrow!