Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scattered Thoughts

So many things popped into my head today that I thought might go well on a blog post. Now, lets see if I can remember any of them.

First, thank you all for the suggestions about the photo shoot tomorrow a.m.. I know I indicated I wanted to take photos of her hair, but the reality is I'm taking photos to memorialize her whole appearance with that beautiful long hair. Many of you gave some great ideas, and I will be using them as much as possible. If she gives permission, I will share a few with all of you. But, she seems like a bit of a private person, so don't hold your breath on that.

Second, I was thrilled to day at church when a friend with a son who will be a senior in high school next fall came and asked me if I would commit to doing her son's senior photo this summer. I love that! Very validating.

Third, my little family is weird! This morning before church my son and husband were out at the burn barrel (an old washing machine tub) burning some garbage, and they got the idea to cook breakfast out there - sausage and pancakes. Weird! But I do love them.

This is my POTD for January 18 - the sunrise this morning. I know it's looking pretty dark, but you get the impact of the light in the clouds and the shine of the icy melting snow.

This will be a busy and unfortunately, somewhat stressful week for our household. Andy has a very important/high stress and emotionally charged hearing on Tuesday, then he testifies in a case that will have a great deal of impact on people he cares deeply for on Wednesday afternoon, and then on Thursday he's off to West Yellowstone for a series of cases down there. I expect by Friday he'll be bushed. And then Saturday is his birthday. Hopefully he'll get a chance to relax a bit there.

I will be spending time at the library all day most days, and J will be in school. I wish I could take Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons to just go and be with Andy during these big challenges, but I don't think that is feasible.

Finally, I'm overwhelmed by all the things I find to pray for these days, including my husband as he faces this week. It seems that one could spend all day in prayer and not address all the needs that are out there. Sometimes in our business we come to know of people and situations that are just so full of pain it is hard to begin to deal with it. Add in all the regular happenings of life, the special people that we care for so deeply, issues of the whole world as well as our local community and group of friends and our own little needs and the list is so long.

How do we get things done when there is so much going on around us?

Do you ever feel this way?

My heart just aches for all the people in need, and yet I know we have a God who is so mighty and awesome and powerful that really, he has it all under control. It's just a matter of perspective - mine is limited and flawed, his is infinite and perfect.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is easy to get overwhelmed, huh? I hope this week goes by quickly for you and your family as they go through these trials. (litterally and figuratively).

There is a lot to pray for, but remember, we are Gods children, and he is looking out for us too, and he will take care of the needs that we fall short on. :)

Kristii said...

God is good and He is mighty and He knows your burdens before you ever pray!! Cast your burdens upon Him for His yoke is easy and His burden is light!! You POD is amazing! Let His Peace flood your soul like the rays of sunshine flood the day!! May his Peace carry you through this week! I will be praying for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I hope all goes well for you guys. Try not to feel too overwhelmed. I will think of you this week.
Cari

Jess said...

Great photos... your family sounds quirky and funny like mine! You never know what strange ideas they will come up with, LOL!
I hear ya on getting overwhelmed. I could definitely spend all day praying and not even come CLOSE to the amount of prayer that is needed in the world.
I hope your hubby makes it through this week ok... what a lot of stress for one person to bear- I hope he is able to take some time to chill afterwards and relax.

Anonymous said...

I love your POTD, nice reminder from God that he is the author of peace! I was reading the other day a perspective that all of us with Jesus in our heart are to make our lifes purpose be intercessing for others. It just seemed to click, he is in us, we are praying with him.

Erin said...

You always have such beautiful photos. When I get overwhelmed with the stresses and hardships in life, I try to focus on the good. I've actually been keeping a gratitude journal this month for that very reason.

Becky said...

That is a lot to pray for--I usually go with a "Hey, God, you know what to do." :-D I hope you all get through this stressful week without too much angst. Love that sunrise!

Jennifer Davis said...

I feel as though I could have written the second half of your post, sometimes the feeling in my chest is just so great that I feel almost powerless and I guess I am really...but I am a channel that workings can be channeled through. I just need to focus on that I think.

Best of luck to you as you face this week...

Jen

Bobbi said...

That sunrise is beautiful! I will you keep you in my thoughts this week and remember to take some time out for yourself...as hard as that is!

Lisa Dorsey said...

I will definitely say a prayer for your husband this week. Your photos are gorgeous as usual! :)

Love the breakfast at the burn barrel. LOL

DebW said...

I am often baffled at how fast the week goes by.
Prayers for Andy to have a smooth week and ease into his birthday Saturday with relief and happiness!
Hope he gets a big chocolate cake!

Angela2932 said...

Thanks for sharing your very moving journaling. I hope all goes well for all of you this week. . . and for the photoshoot with the woman facing chemo.

How nice to have such a creative breakfast to fortify you for this week ahead!