Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another Try at a Good Week of Blogging

I'm just determined to have a good week of blogging - getting interesting posts up every day, having photos worth looking at, and even having a few scrapbooking projects to share. Blogging is about so much more than sitting at the computer and typing away.
So, to start off the week right, here is a project I did this weekend:

It's our Christmas photo from this past holiday season. I think it is one of my favorite family photos for us. I and I was excited to try a tearing technique I saw on Nic Howard's blog.

So many goals for this week running through my mind - besides being a better more interesting blogger. A friend is going to come and pamper me with Mary Kay this week, even though she knows I can't afford to buy the products - she heard last week was hard and called up to announce she was coming to pamper me. And the really amazing part is I'm actually looking forward to it and don't feel the slightest bit obligated to buy. It will just be two women enjoying each other's company and playing with skin care like little girls. Doesn't that sound fun? I think so.

I'm also in need of getting those walks in routinely again. I think last week I didn't get out for a walk once. Hopefully Monday will be a day for Andy and I to get out there and walk, even though there is 6-8 inches of new snow. I'll dress warm, take my camera and check out how all those new calves are surviving the change in weather.

I've also got a class to teach Monday, so it will be a busy but fun day.

Happy new week everyone!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

What a stunning layout!
Enjoy your pampering - whht a wonderful friend xxx

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susan Beth!!! That photo is fantastic!!! Hope your class goes well today!!!

Jennifer Davis said...

Oh, wow! Seriously stunning layout there...have fun teaching and here's to a great week! =)

audrey neal said...

hope today has been a great day for you. that's a gorgeous page -- love all the texture.

vtpuggirl said...

Such a beautiful layout! I love all the dimension, and esp the pearl flourishes, those are pretty! Have a great time at your class!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Absolutely beautiful LO and photo!! Here is to a better, crafty week!! Enjoy your pampering tomorrow!!

Rita said...

Gorgeous LO! Love all the distressing and texture, and what a great family photo! Have fun with your class!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love that technique on the layout! You did a great job! Enjoy your pampering. :)

Denise said...

Oh! That is a beautiful family portrait and the layout is just as gorgeous! I hope your class went well today!

Lauren said...

yum, yum, yum!!!! Love the texture of the title and the design of the 08.