Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Lord Provides!

Do you ever just need a good day. Not that the previous days have been particularly bad, you just need to have one of those "everything-goes-right-uplifting" kind of days. Well, that's what the Lord gave me yesterday. Nothing so spectacular that it makes the evening news, just things sliding into place.

I had some goals, particularly related to getting a good start with Mary Kay. I spent some time praying about those goals. And as I was praying the phone rang and it was someone to help me accomplish those goals - someone I had not expectation would call. And the phone call was motivating. So, out I went, into the world to accomplish those goals and was met with success in a way I never could have imagined. Really! It was totally cool.

Update on the camera: I'm taking it in today for a cleaning that is estimated to cost $25. That is low enough in cost for me to just do it rather than risk cleaning myself and making a devastating mistake. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm glad to be getting that done.

By the way, these photos were taken on Saturday, and either I used PSE to get the dirt out of the photos, or they are so busy in the areas where the dirt is that you can't notice it easily. Still, I haven't taken a photo since Saturday, and I'm itching to get some taken! Can't wait for the camera to be cleaned!

I'll leave you with one last thing. You know the story in the Bible where God provides flour and oil for the peasant woman who is feeding Elijah? (1 Kings 17: 7-16) He makes her flour and oil last when it didn't seem possible. Well, it seems He's doing that in my cupboards.

Each week I dread making my shopping list for fear we will be out of so many essentials that the bill will be double what I have budgeted. I've really carved that budget back and try to keep the bill for the week at about $80.

And each week I am amazed to see we have enough of so many things that I don't have to buy it yet. For example, it has been three weeks in a row that I have feared the need to buy toilet paper and laundry soap (both usually purchased in bulk at Costco and about $15 each). But each week I do an inventory and what do you know, we can make it yet another week without buying these things. And there are other things that are the same.

God amazes me in how He provides. I'm not saying there is a miracle here, but I'm not saying there isn't either. I'm just saying our supplies are lasting much longer than I anticipated and it is really helping with the tight budget. For that I am so thankful!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Great post! The Lord does indeed provide, glad He gave you your "nothing goes wrong" day. :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a miracle to me!

Murphy's Law said...

wowzers. awesome pix. i always wait til my fav sil comes down and cleans my camera for me. lol.

Jennifer Davis said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going well for you all Susan Beth, hooray! =) Beautiful pictures as always...how close were you to the eagle?

vtpuggirl said...

Love that last shot! God is good, and I think he likes it when we are thankful. :)

Sweet Peripety said...

um, miracle to me I think! I pray for you every day Susan Beth- that he holds your family together and provides your needs and beyond! i am reading a book that points out that God uses us to show the impossible, or what we think is impossible. He will do great things for you!

Kristii said...

What an exciting post my friend!!! It is soooo good to hear how God provides!!!