Friday, March 6, 2009

A Brother to be Proud of!

Yesterday our town had a huge explosion from a natural gas leek. One person in missing, and other than that no casualties, but three buildings were taken out. And, when it happened, my brother was working on a construction site right across the street. If you look at this link you will see a photo and the first one in the slide show is my brother, I'm pretty sure - guy in jeans and hard hat looking at the fire (they may change the photos through the day, I guess).

http://bozemandailychronicle.com/

Anyway, my brother was so brave! Once confirming that all the guys at his site were fine he and several of them ran over to the burning buildings to make sure everybody was out. And, even though he went to work at 6 a.m. yesterday, he down town until late last night boarding up windows for various businesses in our down town area. He's part of our town's history. I'm so proud of him for his willingness to help others.Just thought I'd brag a bit!

7 comments:

Terri said...

I love that about rural communities.... I grew up in a town where everyone had to contribute to keep things running... I miss that about the countryside.... got to get out of this concrete soon....

have a great weekend!! looking forward to wonderful pics... tj09

Fuzzy said...

We call him a fireman now... he really stepped up and did his part, I've been bragging too! So grateful that though he was so close he was safe and he was able (and more than willing) to help out.

Anonymous said...

Just glad you are all safe. No surprise about Daniel, he is one GREAT young man.
K.K.

Houston said...

What an awesome man!

vtpuggirl said...

What a hero! Glad everyone is ok. Read down further and I'm grateful that your business will continue on. Hugs!

Rani said...

what a cool guy!!!

Sweet Peripety said...

wow! glad people are okay. that is so great about your bro!