Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today in my yard

I took a little stroll there this morning.

Very different than on Sunday. On Sunday I saw this:

And I pulled out dead leaves and branches, and cleared two of the beds with great excitement.

But today, this is my garden:

(I can tell J was out there playing - he always leaves little clues that he was there!)

Today's stroll was beautiful in it's own way. Typical of March in Montana. But not offering quite the same excitement as Sunday. It's going to be an up and down thing out there for awhile, I know. What gives me great joy and hope are the little squash and basil plants growing upstairs in my house in little "green houses."

Today I'll be planting some beans, broccoli and cilantro to join them. Come June 15, I'll have so very much to plant outdoors, and hopefully by August I'll have some fruits from these labors.

I think my crafting is going to have to be put on hold until my room gets moved upstairs - too much organizing, moving, and more organizing needs to be done in the next week.

I hope you are having a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

Oh my goodness! What a contrast, and it's been that way here too! We don't have the green growth part though yet...still waiting for those signs of Spring I am afraid!

Thanks for the kind comments today, they really mean a lot! =)

Jen

Kate said...

Eek! white stuff!!!

TheShermanFam said...

That darn snow keeps popping up everywhere!! UGH!!

vtpuggirl said...

Sounds like fun, I love working in the garden. However, since we moved to the urban jungle, all we have is pavement. It's very sad, still keeping my chin up for house with a little green lawn. Some day. Enjoy your garden!

Kristii said...

I am so impressed that you are planting already!!! The snow totally deterrs me!! Great pictures as usual Susan Beth!!

liz mataraza said...

i love finding the evidence of play all around the house...that is, as long as i don't trip over it and break my neck.